got a profile mini hub sorta

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2013 8:13 PM

ok so I got a profile mini hub shell with the bearings all it needs is the driver and spindle is it possible to us other sealed drivers and axles out of other hubs.

|

8/25/2013 8:16 PM

Not always. Joytech hub hardware usually fits Odyssey V3s, Salt Pro, and generic brand hubs. Profile is usually very specific so no. I've heard of using a Primo Mix driver in a Profile hub but you can't use a Profile driver in a Primo hub.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/25/2013 8:22 PM

how about the spindle

|

8/25/2013 8:30 PM

try to retro fit the driver from a primo mix. but as for axle you need the profileone. or albes makes their own version

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/25/2013 8:31 PM

paden_bmx wrote:

how about the spindle

Yeah, axles are usually specific enough themselves. And anything with Profile is really specific.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/25/2013 8:37 PM

so im guessing it would be heaper to buy a brand new one lol

|

8/25/2013 8:39 PM

paden_bmx wrote:

so im guessing it would be heaper to buy a brand new one lol

nope. axle and driver + hardware will be cheaper

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/25/2013 9:23 PM

Drivers are about 50 and axles are 40 I think and hardware I have no idea..

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/25/2013 10:01 PM

Fuck profile. Most over priced shit on the market

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/26/2013 12:38 AM

Gump wrote:

haha that and premium

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/26/2013 5:30 AM

Gump wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

haha that and premium

ALL BMX parts are over priced. I'm sorry but 400 bucks for a frame that was assembled the same way they were 10 years go when they RARELY cost more than 250 bucks? Ridiculous.

I miss how things were 10 years ago. Not too many little shits thinking they were owed something in BMX, brakeless wasn't considered when a kid JUST got his first bike, the trend was to ride how you wanted and have fun with it, your clothing choice didn't matter as long as you were covered, and even music choices didn't get hated on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2013 7:53 AM

Gump wrote:

James_Letten17 wrote:

haha that and premium

dave lawrence wrote:

ALL BMX parts are over priced. I'm sorry but 400 bucks for a frame that was assembled the same way they were 10 years go when they RARELY cost more than 250 bucks? Ridiculous.

I miss how things were 10 years ago. Not too many little shits thinking they were owed something in BMX, brakeless wasn't considered when a kid JUST got his first bike, the trend was to ride how you wanted and have fun with it, your clothing choice didn't matter as long as you were covered, and even music choices didn't get hated on.

not really, there are still a good amount of frames from my knowledge that would practically go up to 300 only, but i get what you are saying, on the other hand i started riding bmx during mid 2009, even from that time, a lot of stuff has changed, prices have really gone up for some things as well with some going lower, kids would get the parts they need to get their bike in running in good shape when they need to, and overall people would enjoy themselves.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

8/26/2013 9:11 AM

Gump wrote:

I love my profile parts.....my mini ss hubs are great and my cranks are 7 years old and still holding up.....ill try new cranks out one of these days

|

8/26/2013 9:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2013 9:32 AM

Gump wrote:

Rather ride my profile then any other hub or cranks.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

8/26/2013 9:37 AM

are profiles good cuz i might upgrade some parts for my birthday on my complete if i get it

|

8/26/2013 9:38 AM

FeindBMX32 wrote:

are profiles good cuz i might upgrade some parts for my birthday on my complete if i get it

good but very expensive

|

8/26/2013 9:40 AM

FeindBMX32 wrote:

chad88 wrote:

good but very expensive

but that just meens there the best right?

|

8/26/2013 9:40 AM

FeindBMX32 wrote:

Profile Minis are pretty hit & miss. Mine have been great, but i do NOT run pegs on mine. MR. Miss spelled F I E ND .... But honestly if you can only afford $250 for a bike a Profile Mini Rear Hub ALONE costs very nearly that!!!

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/426067/Profile_3%7C8_Mini_Cassette_Hub.html

|

8/26/2013 9:41 AM

FeindBMX32 wrote:

Topsey wrote:

Profile Minis are pretty hit & miss. Mine have been great, but i do NOT run pegs on mine. MR. Miss spelled F I E ND .... But honestly if you can only afford $250 for a bike a Profile Mini Rear Hub ALONE costs very nearly that!!!

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/426067/Profile_3%7C8_Mini_Cassette_Hub.html

o damn thats a lot of money i cant afford that yet. maybe if i get a job i will

|

8/26/2013 10:04 AM

try emailing profile

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

8/26/2013 1:34 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Not always. Joytech hub hardware usually fits Odyssey V3s, Salt Pro, and generic brand hubs. Profile is usually very specific so no. I've heard of using a Primo Mix driver in a Profile hub but you can't use a Profile driver in a Primo hub.

Its the other way around m8
Profile in primo but not primo in profile

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/26/2013 1:39 PM

Albe's has axles on their site that fit profile for $20
Or if you want female, just order a profile mini center axle and buy the bolts at the hardware store.
Profile orders all their crmo hub bolts from the same suppliers that sell them to stores see ych as Handyman Hardware.
Just make sure to get 3/8x16tpi socket head bolts (the black ones) they're usually like $1 a pop.
As for a driver it has to be profile

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/26/2013 3:29 PM

Topsey wrote:

They make hubguards for mini's now but you'd be pretty dumb riding pegs on a Profile

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/26/2013 6:51 PM

Forget profile. Went threw two hubs and one crank arm. I've had more succes with a V3 and a random single pinch crankset

|