grease and bb?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2013 7:33 PM

I bought a can of white lithium liquid grease for bb and cranks. Its that good to use also how can you remove bb without damaging them?

|

5/1/2013 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2013 7:39 PM

Should be.. idk much about the grease but I'd imagine so.

and you can leave them in if you want, just take your cranks out, pop the seal off the bearings and clean it out real good then regrease it.

if you really wanna take them out and give it a good greasing though, use like a thicker flathead screwdriver or a chisel if you have one. stick it through one side of the BB and get it to rest against the outer edge of one of the bearings from inside, and tap it out while working your way around the BB evenly. for the other side you can probably just tap it out with a socket or peg or something

|

5/1/2013 7:41 PM

I take a socket extension and put it in there and bang it like 3 times (carefully) and keep going around until it comes out.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/2/2013 7:05 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

and you can leave them in if you want, just take your cranks out, pop the seal off the bearings and clean it out real good then regrease it.

if you really wanna take them out and give it a good greasing though, use like a thicker flathead screwdriver or a chisel if you have one. stick it through one side of the BB and get it to rest against the outer edge of one of the bearings from inside, and tap it out while working your way around the BB evenly. for the other side you can probably just tap it out with a socket or peg or something

NO. If you slip the screwdriver, your bearing is toast.

Have a local shop remove it for you with a bearing press, or use a socket extension as it will not destroy the bearing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/2/2013 12:16 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Have a local shop remove it for you with a bearing press, or use a socket extension as it will not destroy the bearing.

I usually always use a screwdriver, then again I do know what I'm doing & am more careful about it. But yeah having a shop do it would ensure no damage

|

5/2/2013 12:24 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Actually I thought this shop close to me would use a bearing press to put mine in but he didn't because it was a "waste of time" and he only does that for the road bikes and stuff like that. I never go there anymore though.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/2/2013 12:29 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

socket for the win use one every time to remove my B.B

|

5/2/2013 3:24 PM

I used a screwdriver couple of months ago and smashed my bearing on accident, its not as smooth as it use to be but its still all good but try an use something with a larger surface area like said above cuz I got lucky and no real damage done, but cud of fucked it up for real.

Screwdrivers FTL.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/2/2013 5:49 PM

I always use a socket extension and tap gently in the inside of the bearing, not on the dust caps.
Just pop the caps off and grease them up, no need to take the BB off.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"