grind box edges

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2017 2:59 PM

hey just wondering if anyone has any ideasfor what to put on the edges of a grind box. i know angle iron is the best but any other ideas??

|

1/15/2017 3:32 PM

You could do metal rails like Dan

|

1/15/2017 4:18 PM

Angle iron, round or flat rails are your only options. Idk what else your looking for.

|

1/15/2017 5:48 PM

Exil wrote:

You could do metal rails like Dan

Yup, and then you could do angle iron on the other side. I'm planning on doing that, I just haven't gotten around to it

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

1/15/2017 6:59 PM

Find some flat sheets of HDPE (high density poly ethylene) drill holes for screws, countersink so the screw heads will be flush, and you will never even have to wax the box. The stuff slides like butter with metal, plastic, aluminum, and titanium pegs. It's a bit pricier but so worth it, I made a box and put a thin sheet of ply on the sides, top, front and back, then sheeted them with HDPE then used sealant to seal the edges, made the box indestructible.

|

1/15/2017 9:09 PM

Do u know what it would cost to cover a 10 ft long box with hdpe? Both sides?

|

1/16/2017 4:08 AM

ina wrote:

Well it's not going to be cheap, i used to get 1/2"x4'x8' sheets from work for free basically i think they charged me like $20 for 3 sheets. I know in the US a 1/8"x 2'x4' sheet is $20 alone. It definitely is a more expensive way to do it but overall so worth it.

|

1/16/2017 8:49 AM

Ya sounds like a good idea thanks a lot

|

1/16/2017 11:27 AM

ina wrote:

blizzbikes wrote:

Well it's not going to be cheap, i used to get 1/2"x4'x8' sheets from work for free basically i think they charged me like $20 ...more

Isn't that the stuff they use for those iceless hockey rinks?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/16/2017 11:49 AM

ina wrote:

blizzbikes wrote:

Well it's not going to be cheap, i used to get 1/2"x4'x8' sheets from work for free basically i think they charged me like $20 ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Isn't that the stuff they use for those iceless hockey rinks?

I believe so, not sure exactly.

|