grips- would removing/re-installing grips mess them up?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2014 2:23 PM

I have ODI longnecks that i've stretched along my bars like crazy. The tops are starting to wear-through in a couple spots, so I wanna 'flip' them (put the out-side edge on the inside-edge, not inside-out lol) I'm thinking that I could just remove them, then re-install by doing the hairspray method.

Would this work, or would the grips just be too loose after removal/re-install? I realllly wanna make these grips last longer (not cuz i like them, just cuz i'm cheap[&broke] and, at this point w/ how worn-down these odi's are, they're actually not that spongy/bad anymore..

|

10/18/2014 2:29 PM

Dry them out with a tissue or cloth or something then hairspray 'em a bit them a bit then slide them on and let them dry for an hour

|

10/18/2014 3:43 PM

Just be gentle taking them off so they don't rip since you said they're almost worn through in a few spots. Try spraying hairspray or water in betwen the grips and bars to break the bond before removing them to make it go more smoothly

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/18/2014 7:54 PM

Lift the edges of the grips spray wd-40 inside they slide off very easy, then clean them with rubbing alcohol and install with hairspray. You will be able to remove and reinstall them as much as you want like this lol I found this easiest when I ccoldnt decide which bars I wanted to use.

|

10/19/2014 1:06 PM

great thanks for the tips guys smile

any hints for getting more side-to-side stretch? I've got them like 1" around the bend in my bars now (i have 26.5" bars) but they're now pulling away 1/8" from the bar-ends lol (do any companies make loooong grips that you could cut to length?)

|

10/19/2014 1:48 PM

adfkje wrote:

any hints for getting more side-to-side stretch? I've got them like 1" around the bend in my ...more

fly finos you shitface

|

13 years old

10/19/2014 1:59 PM

adfkje wrote:

any hints for getting more side-to-side stretch? I've got them like 1" around the bend in my ...more

ODI XL's and Fly Finos (I'd go with ODI's)

|

10/19/2014 4:06 PM

adfkje wrote:

Krooked wrote:

fly finos you shitface

lol duly noted, fucker

|