gsport RIPcage

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2016 5:42 AM

Totaly butthurt about this. 48hs chrome ribcages are impossible to find...

Is it a real issue? I can probably bend it back and ride it find but not sure.

What do you guys think about it?Photo

|

5/22/2016 6:58 AM

Oh boy, that rim sure doesn't look very nice...

I guess you should try to bend it back with some hydraulic clamps/some kind of clamp for the time being... That zone is going to be pretty weak though, and I would bend it for now, check on how it is going while searching for some new rims...

That green goo tho...Do you run your tires tubeless or what? I'm planning to do the same...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/22/2016 8:12 AM

Damn I hope I can find some other 48h ribcages....

No the green is from random tube I had. Dont know much about it.

Ill keep you posted

|

5/22/2016 10:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2016 10:11 AM

Brutal... Happens the same to me trying to bunny hop up a stairset (and casing the last stair) but this was never that much bent, it has happened more than once, and I had always put the rim back straight with an adjustable wrench, you should try to do the same and see how it goes, if the rim is still in one piece, go ride !

|

5/22/2016 10:57 AM

Better grab a bonedeth before they're all gone

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

5/22/2016 11:33 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Better grab a bonedeth before they're all gone

Not ready to make the move. Found some mew ribcages anyway

|

5/22/2016 5:45 PM

Skylight wrote:

Oh boy, that rim sure doesn't look very nice...

I guess you should try to bend it back with some hydraulic clamps/some kind ...more

It's slime. It's a tube sealant that you can add in/buy tubes with it in already. Some swear by it. Some hate it.

Also, running tubeless on bmx is impossible. Alienation was trying to make a tubeless system but everyone shit on it so hard they canned it (I think)
Tubeless works in MTB because you are trying to run as little pressure as possible for more grip. BMX you need to run high pressures to protect the rim, so it's super easy to blow the tire bead out of it's little ridge that it sits in when you run tubeless.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/23/2016 1:16 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

It's slime. It's a tube sealant that you can add in/buy tubes with it in already. Some swear by it. Some hate it.

Also, ...more

Honestly I think they are still playing with the idea, and i could see it working if they could adjust their beads pretty well to grip. But high pressure would be tough.

MAYBE in a racing application or trails it would work decently, but you can easily shave weight elsewhere if that's a concern. Get thinner tubes, thinner treads, lighter rims and spokes.

On paper it is a good idea to eliminate pinch flats.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/23/2016 1:49 PM

Tubeless can handle high pressure, a lot of roadies use them, or tubs. I think the impact is the biggest issue, landing sideways constantly and it's bound to give. I've seen them come off on mtb's a few times. The only advantage is saving weight which you could easily shave off elsewhere.

I hate slime. Not too bad if you live somewhere with loads of little thorns, but anything bigger and it just pisses out that horrible green shit.
When we were kids we used to get an adjustable spanner and bend the rim back out, not sure if I'd trust that too much now.

|

5/23/2016 2:46 PM

ice t is on the case

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

5/23/2016 2:48 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

ice t is on the case

6 in the mornin, police at my door
Fresh Adidas squeak across the bathroom floor...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence