gyro brakes help

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2013 12:07 PM

okay so ive decided to run gryo brakes(for numerous reasons) and i was wondering how much it would be for everything?and what do i need to run gryo's. any help would be great.links would be awesome.Thanks guys

|

just huck it

9/27/2013 2:24 PM

You can still use the actual brake mechanism I believe and the same lever.

Just cables and the plates etc..

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/27/2013 2:27 PM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/27/2013 4:24 PM

Cheapest/low quality
Odyssey G3 with lever of your choice and Odyssey Springfield U-Brake

Cheap/Medium quality
Dual Snafu lower and upper cables with Snafu Mobeus detangler. Your choice of upper detangler plate and lever. Odyssey Springfield U-brake

Expensive/High quality
Odyssey m2 lever and cables, Odyssey GTX detangler, dual Tree Power SB cables ran to an Odyssey London mod, your choice of upper detangler plate and a high end U-Brake (most of the high end u-brakes, such as Odyssey Evo IIs, Fly manuals, Eclats, Shadows, etc. are the same, so just get the one you like)

For maximum braking performance on Anodized or powdercoated rims, pick up a pair of clear brake pads (Odyssey 4x4, Koolstops preferred)
For chrome grab a set of colored pads (Purple Fly pads worked best for me, all my black pads sucked)

Lever preferences: Ody Monolever is amazing, but the M2 is much more worth it.
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/27/2013 5:39 PM

Make sure you frame is drilled on the head tube for gyro tabs. And make sure you have brake mounts and other than that just buy all the stuff should cost maybe around $80 for a good setup if you need to buy everything.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/28/2013 12:35 AM

thanks guys so much smile

|

just huck it