gyro or brakless

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2013 11:48 AM

or brake line lol what one is ur fav ???

|

swag swag like caillou

3/8/2013 11:54 AM

My fav is brakeless but I run gyro

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/8/2013 11:56 AM

i like to go breakless but it runs the bottom of my shoes and when its wet out side me stopping is almost impossible i find breaks annoying

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

3/8/2013 11:57 AM

whatever you need man, i run brakeless cause i don't really need a brake with the stuff i do and it's easier to keep my bike feeling nice (obviously not having to mess around with a brake) but yeah it's all preference i prefer running no brakes cause i can't maintenance one and i don't require one

|

pussy. money. weed.

WATCH THIS EDIT, DOPE!

3/8/2013 12:06 PM

i love my gyro...

|

3/8/2013 12:24 PM

I run straight cable but I wouldn't mind a gyro.

|

3/8/2013 12:26 PM

Brakeless, I don't have money for brakes nor do I want to do maintenance.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/8/2013 12:32 PM

Four wrote:

exact same as me

|

pussy. money. weed.

WATCH THIS EDIT, DOPE!

3/8/2013 12:46 PM

I run a Gyro, and 2 Brakes. I love doing stuff like ET 180 Nosepicks in to Banks and Backwards Nose Manuals down Quarters which is why I run a Front Brake. The Back Brake is a mix of because it's safer, because I ride a lot of Bowl so I do a lot of high speed transfers and I ride some dirt as well, and because I also like doing Fufanus and Abubacas and the like. I don't hate Brakeless Bikes or the people that ride them and I don't think Brakeless is necessarily stupid either, it's just not my thing.

|

3/8/2013 12:50 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I run a Gyro, and 2 Brakes. I love doing stuff like ET 180 Nosepicks in to Banks and Backwards Nose Manuals down Quarters which is why I run a Front Brake. The Back Brake is a mix of because it's safer, because I ride a lot of Bowl so I do a lot of high speed transfers and I ride some dirt as well, and because I also like doing Fufanus and Abubacas and the like. I don't hate Brakeless Bikes or the people that ride them and I don't think Brakeless is necessarily stupid either, it's just not my thing.

thats nice to hear.. ussually its brakeless kids hating on brakes and riders that ride brakes hating on brakeless...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

3/8/2013 12:56 PM

I have ran brakeless for the longest time but I just bought a straight cable setup. But I would definitely like to try a legit gyro setup.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

3/8/2013 1:08 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

bmx4orlife wrote:

thats nice to hear.. ussually its brakeless kids hating on brakes and riders that ride brakes hating on brakeless...

Yeah I think your sig sums my thoughts up pretty well. I have nothing against Brakeless at all. But then people should actually think how they want to set their Bike up, and not how other people want it to be like.

|

3/8/2013 1:16 PM

gyro

|

3/8/2013 2:04 PM

It really all depends on your style of riding and what functions of your bike are important to your riding. I personally run no breaks. Took them off 6-7 years ago and haven't looked back since...

|

3/8/2013 2:09 PM

I started on a gyro, moved onto straight able for couple years, now been riding brakeless a long time. My style of riding doesn't really require me to stop often so its all good. But I don't mind tunning other people's brake setups if they need help with it.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/8/2013 4:22 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

It really all depends on your style of riding and what functions of your bike are important to your riding. I personally run no breaks. Took them off 6-7 years ago and haven't looked back since...

this for the first part... i ride a straightish cable, its a nokon wrapped around a couple times... i like gyros too... i rode brakeless, but tahts when i was broke and broke my brakes lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/8/2013 4:23 PM

Gyro!

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

3/8/2013 6:44 PM

Gyro ive been riding gyro forever if i wanted to ride brakeless i could easily just go out a run in to traffic and thats the summary of brakeless riding

|

making half retarded post at the moment

3/8/2013 8:20 PM

Been running a straight cable as of late. Not sure if i'll ever go back to brakeless. Brakeless wasn't bad but i just feel like brakes work better for me and the stuff i like to do.

|

3/8/2013 10:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2013 10:34 PM

Four wrote:

Is it really that hard to change brake pads or tighten the adjusters...lol
I mean damn,if you can't maintain brakes you shouldn't even have your leg over
a two wheeled anything...paying for bike maintenance is absolutely the dumbest stuff ever
for anyone who rides a bike!

|

3/8/2013 10:40 PM

mrmatrix66 wrote:

Gyro ive been riding gyro forever if i wanted to ride brakeless i could easily just go out a run in to traffic and thats the summary of brakeless riding

Your stupid. You don't know how to stop brakeless?

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

3/8/2013 11:08 PM

ran gyro for a few months and ended up taking a hammer to them to get the fucking thing off!!! HATED it!!! always was a pain in my ass! last couple years ive just been on and off with a cable. its so easy to put the cable on or take it off that i just decide whether to put them on depending on where i am gonna ride. Lately ive had them off to help work on flow.

|

Woo! Ride!

3/8/2013 11:14 PM

Straight cable on my park bike.

Gyro on my flat bike.

|

3/8/2013 11:15 PM

Breakless, use to have a gyro but when I miss my bar spins sometimes I would rip skin off my knuckles from the break lever. However I might go back to gyro so that I can learn to decade a little quicker and this time put my break lever on my left handle bar. But like some one said its up to u and the tricks u like to do and ur riding style. And morrons who bomb hills without breaks deserve to get hit for plain stupitity ijs.

|

3/8/2013 11:28 PM

tripplebeamking wrote:

Breakless, use to have a gyro but when I miss my bar spins sometimes I would rip skin off my knuckles from the break lever. However I might go back to gyro so that I can learn to decade a little quicker and this time put my break lever on my left handle bar. But like some one said its up to u and the tricks u like to do and ur riding style. And morrons who bomb hills without breaks deserve to get hit for plain stupitity ijs.

dude.. "morons who bomb hills"?? You cant really say theyre morons cause you dont know whats at the bottom of the hill. For example, if some dude bombed a hill and at the bottom was a dope jump that landed in a huge bowl of chocolate pudding, would he be a moron? No. He would probably really fat and hungry, but not a moron..
But if there was lava and shit at the bottom, he would probably be a moron.

|

Woo! Ride!

3/8/2013 11:45 PM

Come on really? If u wanna play with ur life go ahead if u know what's at the bottom its not really a problem cuz u know. I only bomb hills that I know and I know there's not gonna be a car to cut me off by so called accident.

|

3/8/2013 11:49 PM

I never fly down hills. There's no point and if the chain breaks your basically fucked if you have breaks or not. I don't really use my bike for transportation.

|

3/8/2013 11:51 PM

Four wrote:

I never fly down hills. There's no point and if the chain breaks your basically fucked if you have breaks or not. I don't really use my bike for transportation.

Im pretty sure even if the chain breaks if you do have breaks, youre not totally fucked. The brakes still work without the chain. Know what im sayin?

|

Woo! Ride!

3/8/2013 11:52 PM

Me ither but I can travel a distance maybe five miles round trip hitting spots in close but diff hoods

|

3/8/2013 11:54 PM

Four wrote:

kingbmx11 wrote:

Im pretty sure even if the chain breaks if you do have breaks, youre not totally fucked. The brakes still work without the chain. Know what im sayin?

Yeah that's true unless you're in mid pedal which seems to be when it happens most. I've got pretty fucked up due to chain breaks, I got 31 stitches for it a while back. Hate that shit lol.

|