broken chain - will it hold up?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2014 11:12 PM

my chain is snapped in 2 plates - not the entire link, just one side of it. how well will this hold up to just cruising? what about some tricks?

|

4/5/2014 11:16 PM

Not too good actually. I'd get those plates replaced asap. Whats stopping you? Spare chains are easy to come by. don't trust it, no even when cruising.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/6/2014 1:03 AM

BMXism wrote:

Not too good actually. I'd get those plates replaced asap. Whats stopping you? Spare chains are easy to come by. don't trust ...more

That

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/6/2014 7:10 AM

Go for it if you don't mind surprise meetings between knees and stems, as well has face and ground. It's gonna snap fast.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2014 7:17 AM

Replace it, i rode my chain like that for a while and lets just say that didn't turn out so well

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/6/2014 4:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2014 4:35 PM

BMXism wrote:

Not too good actually. I'd get those plates replaced asap. Whats stopping you? Spare chains are easy to come by. don't trust ...more

haha i was too lazy to - i was hoping the chain would be fine. but i just fixed it, so it's all good now. thanks everyone

but does anyone know why the chain may have broke? I was just pedaling slowly and the plate just snapped.

|

4/6/2014 5:11 PM

BMXism wrote:

jokeloony wrote:

haha i was too lazy to - i was hoping the chain would be fine. but i just fixed it, so it's all good now. thanks everyone

but ...more

Chains do that

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/7/2014 11:38 AM

Wear and tear.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/7/2014 9:33 PM

Just save yourself some pain and replace then whole chain. This is usually a sign that the chain is wearing out.

|