half link chains and bottom brackets

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2013 9:02 AM

Would you be able to take a half link chain off a frame and put it on another with a chain breaker? Also, what's a good way to take your bottom bracket out?

|

10/15/2013 9:12 AM

that's what a chain breaker is for..i usually take a long socket extension and tap around the races of the bearings

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/15/2013 9:15 AM

dmx24 wrote:

that's what a chain breaker is for..i usually take a long socket extension and tap around the races of the bearings

I dont know much about chain breakers. I thought they were to just break links off.

|

10/15/2013 9:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2013 9:46 AM

they are but you wouldn't cut links off if there wasn't a way to put it back together right? lol no worries man just make sure if you invest you get a good one like the shadow it come with a pin setter to make it a lot easier to reinstall

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/15/2013 3:13 PM

dmx24 wrote:

This but make sure you use a rubber mallet.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/15/2013 6:56 PM

dmx24 wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

it dosnt matter long as when you put them in you put a peace of wood over the berrings

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/16/2013 3:00 PM

dmx24 wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

jj0996 wrote:

it dosnt matter long as when you put them in you put a peace of wood over the berrings

Yeah but when you tap them out its good to use a rubber mallet so you don't fuck up your socket extension.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/16/2013 6:23 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Yeah but when you tap them out its good to use a rubber mallet so you don't fuck up your socket extension.

That's if you have cheap tools, haha. I have some good and cheap tools but I do whatever. Tools aren't like bike parts. You could ride the material from tools as bike parts and they'd totally last longer!

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke