half link csb

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2014 4:28 PM

So at the park yesterday I tried some kids bike with a shadow interlock half link. I crank hard when I ride and do fast stuff, so on my fourth crank I broke the chain. Just snapped. He wanted a new chain so I gave him a real chain. Odsy blue bird. Im guessing he won't break that anytime soon.

|

1/4/2014 4:34 PM

lol it was probably already broken

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/4/2014 5:23 PM

I wouldve told him he wont be getting a new chain unless his dick could touch his asshole.
If he told me that it could, then I would tell him to go fuck himself.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


1/4/2014 5:25 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I wouldve told him he wont be getting a new chain unless his dick could touch his asshole.
If he told me that it could, then I would tell him to go fuck himself.

I didn't see the point in instigating shit. Wouldn't have done me any good.

|

1/4/2014 5:27 PM

You couldve just fixed the chain for him man... haha i fix people's bikes all the time at skateparks. haha i like to.

Btw he probably knew it was going to break and was like, "muahahahaha! Im gonna make him break it bc i saw him cranking like a nut! hahahaha!"

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 5:30 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You couldve just fixed the chain for him man... haha i fix people's bikes all the time at skateparks. haha i like to.

Btw he probably knew it was going to break and was like, "muahahahaha! Im gonna make him break it bc i saw him cranking like a nut! hahahaha!"

Meh. He's a good friend anyways. The odsy one was used anyeays. Spare one lying around.

|

1/4/2014 5:33 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You couldve just fixed the chain for him man... haha i fix people's bikes all the time at skateparks. haha i like to.

Btw he probably knew it was going to break and was like, "muahahahaha! Im gonna make him break it bc i saw him cranking like a nut! hahahaha!"

biggybuggy wrote:

Meh. He's a good friend anyways. The odsy one was used anyeays. Spare one lying around.

Ohh haha nevermind he probably didnt know. I thought it was that new one you said you got on here. haha That was cool of you man.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 5:37 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

You couldve just fixed the chain for him man... haha i fix people's bikes all the time at skateparks. haha i like to.

Btw he probably knew it was going to break and was like, "muahahahaha! Im gonna make him break it bc i saw him cranking like a nut! hahahaha!"

biggybuggy wrote:

Meh. He's a good friend anyways. The odsy one was used anyeays. Spare one lying around.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ohh haha nevermind he probably didnt know. I thought it was that new one you said you got on here. haha That was cool of you man.

A new one would of lasted him forever the way he rides. I thought I was a pretty good rider and had a nice bike. But then I joined this place. What I learned was that I sucked, my bike was even worse, and that I needed to get real. So I've been trying really hard now.

|

1/4/2014 5:45 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

A new one would of lasted him forever the way he rides. I thought I was a pretty good rider and had a nice bike. But then I joined this place. What I learned was that I sucked, my bike was even worse, and that I needed to get real. So I've been trying really hard now.

Yeah haha what kind of bike are you actually riding? haha and what all can you do?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/4/2014 5:59 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ohh haha nevermind he probably didnt know. I thought it was that new one you said you got on here. haha That was cool of you man.

biggybuggy wrote:

A new one would of lasted him forever the way he rides. I thought I was a pretty good rider and had a nice bike. But then I joined this place. What I learned was that I sucked, my bike was even worse, and that I needed to get real. So I've been trying really hard now.

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah haha what kind of bike are you actually riding? haha and what all can you do?

2009 intense pro twenty with hi ten steel frame, fork, and bars. Single wall rims. Generic hubs and the rear is flip flop. Profile imperial sprocket knock off. Fsa pig headset. Unsealed bb with bottom line sinz three pice cranks that have cross threaded pedal bosses or whatever. The rear rim is dented. I can flow around the park pretty well, fakie, manual short distances, 90 like sickdude. And air things that nobody else will. But I'm building a new bike and the last parts are coming Tuesday.

|

1/5/2014 7:19 AM

I just don't ride other people's bikes much, and when I do it is for use of their 4 pegs to do peg wheelies haha.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/5/2014 9:54 AM

Did he make you give him the chain? Because that would seem unfair as chains usually break because of wear overtime or because of incorrect installation (Sprocket is out of line etc). Some kid that I barely know broke my chain and I wasn't angry with him, even though I had to walk 6 miles home.

|

1/5/2014 9:57 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Did he make you give him the chain? Because that would seem unfair as chains usually break because of wear overtime or because of incorrect installation (Sprocket is out of line etc). Some kid that I barely know broke my chain and I wasn't angry with him, even though I had to walk 6 miles home.

Well he wanted one and I figured I'd give him a good chain. Plus after that he let me ride his bike for like two hours.

|

1/5/2014 10:04 AM

yeah i remember my bluebird, half link snapped and i'm not even grinding yet and this chain lasted only 4 months

i couldn't adjust the chain without half link, so i had to buy a new chain, fool

|

1/5/2014 10:10 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Did he make you give him the chain? Because that would seem unfair as chains usually break because of wear overtime or because of incorrect installation (Sprocket is out of line etc). Some kid that I barely know broke my chain and I wasn't angry with him, even though I had to walk 6 miles home.

biggybuggy wrote:

Well he wanted one and I figured I'd give him a good chain. Plus after that he let me ride his bike for like two hours.

OK that's cool.

|

1/5/2014 10:34 AM

ultrasonic wrote:

yeah i remember my bluebird, half link snapped and i'm not even grinding yet and this chain lasted only 4 months

i couldn't adjust the chain without half link, so i had to buy a new chain, fool

So you snapped a half link and instead of buying a replacement for around 1.50, you bought a new chain?

Sounds about right.

|

1/5/2014 10:40 AM

It comes with extra links.. should have just replaced the links.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/5/2014 10:44 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

It comes with extra links.. should have just replaced the links.

123

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |

1/5/2014 4:27 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

So you snapped a half link and instead of buying a replacement for around 1.50, you bought a new chain?

Sounds about right.

there wasn't a single replacement half link at that time in my bike shop

now they have it, cheap as fuck, gonna buy a few and i still got the chain so nothing of value was lost
but the point was that it's odyssey, and it broke for no good reason

shit just happens, and i didn't even know until my non-bmx buddy noticed

|

1/5/2014 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 8:38 PM

You didnt break it I was there I freakin watched you he rode off on it not twenty minutes later

|

1/5/2014 8:40 PM

shawn775 wrote:

You didnt break it I was there I freakin watched you he rode off on it not twenty minutes later

Merraloma in reno with my cousins dumbbutt you weren't there.

|

1/5/2014 8:47 PM

You went to merraloma after you left that sucks I think that park sucks but thats just because ive at some really nice parks. But they were in cali

|

1/5/2014 8:51 PM

shawn775 wrote:

You went to merraloma after you left that sucks I think that park sucks but thats just because ive at some really nice parks. But they were in cali

Dude I love our park it's so much more flowy and smooth.

|

1/5/2014 11:46 PM

Ain't it

|

1/5/2014 11:55 PM

I hear about these chains breaking allot but I've yet to see one myself......probably wont ride one though my 1664 half link holds up fine

|