half link myth

Related:
Create New Tag

3/16/2015 11:47 AM

adding one half link to a regular chain doesn't do shit and is completely useless

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/16/2015 11:49 AM

That is in fact a myth. good job!

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

3/16/2015 12:30 PM

it'd lengthen it by one half link. It won't harm it but if you need a shorter chain, just replacing one whole link and adding the half link. I have to do it to make mine fit right.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/16/2015 12:34 PM

It lengthens the chain, allowing you to dial in your wheelbase. Helping tire clearence/or achieving your desired chain stay length. That sounds like something to me.

|

3/16/2015 12:47 PM

bobPA wrote:

It lengthens the chain, allowing you to dial in your wheelbase. Helping tire clearence/or achieving your desired chain stay ...more

This right here.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/16/2015 3:26 PM

I just need a full half link to run 25/9 with this sunday im rolling on got new parts today, its hilarious how off the spline drive sprocket is makes it impossible to line up with the cranks anyway still rideable

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

3/16/2015 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2015 3:29 PM

So, what do you mean by adding one half link to a regular chain doesn't do shit and is completely useless ?

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

3/16/2015 3:30 PM

I can't believe 25 9 is still the standard gearing it's so damn slow

|

3/16/2015 3:37 PM

eskimojay wrote:

better for fakie and teck moves

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

3/16/2015 3:38 PM

I found from going to 30 10 and even up to 30 to 9 I could go way faster on fakies and keep up with the back pedal easier the I would with a 27 10 wich what I used to ride , wasn't so much the speed but the balance point seems more consistent to me

|

3/16/2015 4:25 PM

I am now 100% positive you just troll here

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/16/2015 4:36 PM

tomdon wrote:

I am now 100% positive you just troll here

im pretty sure you have a stick up your bum

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

3/16/2015 5:08 PM

Wrong, the halflink is a usefull thing, my frame got tiny dropouts so, one halflink less and my chain is too short (even too short for slamming with my 28x9, it works with 25x9 but it sucks), one halflink more and the wheel goes out of the dropout.

|

3/16/2015 5:09 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Incorrect

|

3/16/2015 5:10 PM

masterlinks are made of lies

|

wallride a bus everyday

3/16/2015 5:13 PM

eskimojay wrote:

bobPA wrote:

Incorrect

definitely correct pedal pressure matters dude
28/9 tends to make my bike tilt to the right

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

3/16/2015 5:18 PM

You don't have to back pedal as fast, making it much easier.

|

3/16/2015 5:22 PM

bobPA wrote:

Incorrect

It's true. I prefer the bigger gearing when i go fast and stuff, but if you ride a lot of tight spots and stuff you can get quicker pedals faster and 28/9 is too laggy when you're slow.

And i have a fully guarded MDS 25 tooth. I won't get another sprocket because sprocket grinds and stalls are way better on this and its the best sprocket ever, no doubt about it. Now if i could somehow find a 28 tooth MDS with both guards, i'd be stoked but couldn't run it because the Sunday has not enough clearance.

What bars are those? They look cool.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/16/2015 5:56 PM

Lul i have basically one session used 28tMDS with matching guard sat in my room.

|

3/16/2015 6:00 PM

bobPA wrote:

Incorrect

MaximusBikes wrote:

It's true. I prefer the bigger gearing when i go fast and stuff, but if you ride a lot of tight spots and stuff you can get ...more

27t should clear it

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

3/16/2015 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2015 6:10 PM

bobPA wrote:

Incorrect

MaximusBikes wrote:

It's true. I prefer the bigger gearing when i go fast and stuff, but if you ride a lot of tight spots and stuff you can get ...more

27t will

daily grind high rise bars
they look so awesomeness
they are a lot bigger than expected

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

3/16/2015 6:25 PM

27t will

daily grind high rise bars
they look so awesomeness
they are a lot bigger than expected

That's sweet. I know i could get 28 tooth to but not with a full guard like i like, same with 27 tooth, plus, since they're so rare it's highly unlikely. 25 tooth is fine, i can still go as fast as i need, just a little more cranking it.

Good acceleration though! I like that about it. If i need a burst of speed it helps a lot. 28 tooth is a little harder but i still like it.

|

3/16/2015 6:36 PM

Photo
|

3/16/2015 6:40 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Lul i have basically one session used 28tMDS with matching guard sat in my room.

You wanna get rid of it?

|

3/16/2015 7:51 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

bobPA wrote:

You wanna get rid of it?

Gimmie that shit man.

|

3/16/2015 8:15 PM

on a completely unrelated topic...
i am running a full link chain on a 13.35 chainstay, i have to pull it taught (not hanging on the edge of the dropouts) to get a tight chain with 25/9

if i go to 28/9 will a half link extra be enough to fit?

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/16/2015 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2015 8:34 PM

half links are like the Devil's anal beads. except not.

stop feeding the trolls.

|

3/16/2015 11:10 PM

If half links do nothing then how do they melt steel beams

#710HLwasAnInsideJob

|

3/17/2015 2:49 AM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

half links are like the Devil's anal beads. except not.

stop feeding the trolls.

yeah i really should stop feeding these guys

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

3/17/2015 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2015 11:09 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

on a completely unrelated topic...
i am running a full link chain on a 13.35 chainstay, i have to pull it taught (not hanging ...more

INPUT
Chain Stay 13.35 inches
Front chain ring 28 teeth
rear cog 9 teeth
wheel size 20 inches

OUTPUT
Gear inches 62.22222222
number of links 36.5
Actual CS 13.54084805 inches

INPUT
Chain Stay 13.35 inches
Front chain ring 25 teeth