half link vs. normal link chains

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2007 12:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:54 PM

so me and my friend where talking, and he busted up his bike bad we he lent it to his brother friend, anyway we where both wondering what the difference was between half link and normal link chains was when browsing \"danscomp\"

and what do u recomend/ like better? the Shadow Conspiracy Interlock v2 looks nice, but like i said, we don't know what he diff. is with half link or normal...

|

5/4/2007 1:09 PM

A half link only has a bearing on one side and its smaller than a normal link. Most of the time people only use like one half link in a chain just to get it to fit their bike properly. I don't have the shadow chain but i know some people that do and some like it and some don't.

|

5/4/2007 5:33 PM

my bro has the Shadow half-link chain and I think its the only part on his bike he hasnt broken......... yetlaughing

|

REFS: trickbiker169, Dah Man, letstartariot, Hofmann Scarab

7/17/2007 10:35 PM

3PieceWillie wrote:

my bro has the Shadow half-link chain and I think its the only part on his bike he hasnt broken......... yetlaughing

The halflink chains allow for more precise chain adjustment, and back wheel placement.

|

7/18/2007 8:08 AM

3PieceWillie wrote:

Mark Emr wrote:

The halflink chains allow for more precise chain adjustment, and back wheel placement.

you have to get a half link chain for 25-9 too

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

7/18/2007 10:43 PM

3PieceWillie wrote:

Mark Emr wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

Half Link chains are nice I used to be a firm believer but anyone ive known including me has had constant problems. They seems to not be able to withstand as much abuse as a normal one and a kmc z chain is like $15 and the hald link is close to $30 so its a no brainer

|

7/20/2007 7:33 AM

3PieceWillie wrote:

Mark Emr wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

wrong my bro runs a kmc 1/8 inch full link chain with 25/9
|

11/6/2010 12:19 AM

Half links are alot heavier than standard link chains but you do gain the ability to adjust through the entire length of the drop out. I do not think they are as strong though. On a half link each half link at some point has all the torque weight on it (on 1 pin) standard shares the
torque load (standard= 1 link / 2 pins). Therefore I have repeatedly broken any half link I've
owned. I broke the Shadow Interlok 3 times, then tossed it, and then the new DK EXO chain, 5 times.Then I put a cheap light KMC on and haven't had a prob yet. Oh yea I ride 25-9 or 22-8

|

11/6/2010 1:56 AM

TumblerBmx wrote:

u mad?

|

11/6/2010 2:03 AM

Mark Emr wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

Booshy wrote:

u mad?

3 year old thread

|

11/6/2010 2:04 AM

Oh shittt!!! I didn't notice haha

|

11/6/2010 6:34 AM

My shadow half link lets me slam my back wheel at 13.25 cs.

|

11/6/2010 6:39 AM

i hate half links ive snapped 2 shadow halfs and a khe. now i ride normal chains and they hold up alot better

|

11/6/2010 8:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2010 8:56 AM

normal better!

|

Bored-Ride
Happy-Ride
Hate-Fuck Your Self Then RIDE.

Conclusion-ALLWAYS RIDE & NEVER STOP
The Reason Why All of Us Ride !!!

11/6/2010 8:57 AM

or u can buy half chain half link and second half normal And look whick of them snap first!!!! JoKe go normal

|

Bored-Ride
Happy-Ride
Hate-Fuck Your Self Then RIDE.

Conclusion-ALLWAYS RIDE & NEVER STOP
The Reason Why All of Us Ride !!!