headset cap

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2014 6:28 AM

So ive no work to do at work on the lathes, so i made a headset cap for my mate. Matching bb cones to come......
Went for brass, as spacers dont really require strenght, and looks SO good and unique. Let me know what you think, what looks good and what else i should make!Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/20/2014 7:05 AM

Made another for a different friend. Higher stack height.Photo

Photo

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/20/2014 7:15 AM

NICE work man.

You really should try to make a basic stem. Nothing wild but a nice, functional frontload with a flush headset cap area thing. Itd be rad.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/20/2014 8:05 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

NICE work man.

You really should try to make a basic stem. Nothing wild but a nice, functional frontload with a flush headset ...more

Id need cnc for that, and right now all i have access to is a lathe, so that sucks! But i have plandms for an integrated hub guard for my eclat tech hub thatll replace the cone. Just need to get the right material in! That one should be nice though.... If it works!
And thanks g haha

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/20/2014 8:25 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

NICE work man.

You really should try to make a basic stem. Nothing wild but a nice, functional frontload with a flush headset ...more

EddiMundo wrote:

Id need cnc for that, and right now all i have access to is a lathe, so that sucks! But i have plandms for an integrated hub ...more

Ahh okay. haha Well yeah, definitely a hub guard then! What do you wanna make it out of?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/20/2014 8:35 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

NICE work man.

EddiMundo wrote:

Id need cnc for that, and right now all i have access to is a lathe, so that sucks! But i have plandms for an integrated hub ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ahh okay. haha Well yeah, definitely a hub guard then! What do you wanna make it out of?

Gunna have to be aluminium, easiest to get in. Ill have it on my oppo side though so i dont stick all the times in grinds, keep my gland on my regular side which i use most so ill have maximum slipyness haha

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/20/2014 8:54 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Gunna have to be aluminium, easiest to get in. Ill have it on my oppo side though so i dont stick all the times in grinds, ...more

Thats rad. haha I always wanted to get ahold of a lathe and eventually a CNC machine. I wanna make all kinds of shit. lol

|

11/20/2014 9:46 AM

Not trying to be a dick but are they off level slightly? Look cool as hell though.

|

11/20/2014 10:04 AM

That's sweet! I like the second one.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/20/2014 12:25 PM

2nd one definitely looks better. Although I'd definitely go for aluminum if possible. You want as much strength in your dust cover as possible. Just to resist deformation and help prevent bearing failure. Other than that, they look pretty awesome. But it'd only be cool if you made them match the design of the head tube. :D

|

11/20/2014 1:34 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

2nd one definitely looks better. Although I'd definitely go for aluminum if possible. You want as much strength in your dust ...more

yeah but the aluminium is shit quality at work and will crush twice as easy. And the brass look awesome when its been machined.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/20/2014 1:39 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Not trying to be a dick but are they off level slightly? Look cool as hell though.

yeah one of them is. Theyre not the greatest lathes tbh, the bit that holds the tool has a bit of play in it, and all the parting off tools had been broken so it had to be done by a bandsaw and then filed down. I'm about to see if they fit ok on my bike now haha

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/20/2014 2:42 PM

If you can get them squared up ill drop you a message, im interested in a few parts.

|

11/20/2014 11:26 PM

well then. looks legit.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/21/2014 12:19 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

If you can get them squared up ill drop you a message, im interested in a few parts.

Yeah, just a case of waitin till monday when we gwt more partin off tools. Let me know what you want an ill see what i can do

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/21/2014 4:10 AM

Matchin bb cones. Even had a partin off tool today haha Photo

Photo

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/21/2014 5:13 AM

Id be after headset, bb and collars, will be happy to give you the dimensions soon as i know whats going on the build.

|

11/21/2014 6:22 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Id be after headset, bb and collars, will be happy to give you the dimensions soon as i know whats going on the build.

Collars as in for a hub? And where you live?
I cant say for definite till i find out what material i can order in. The aluminium we have is SOOOO bad haha.

Pics off bb cones on my bike, my spindle is too short for me to actually ride them, but they fit and work perfect! Mega stoked. So is my mate haha.Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/21/2014 6:29 AM

Nice!

|

It’s all bmx

11/21/2014 6:59 AM

Yeah collars fot G-Sport hubs and im in the uk, south yorkshire.

|

11/21/2014 7:03 AM

Use this as a bribe to get Topsey to return

|

11/21/2014 8:09 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Haha, how would i do that?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/21/2014 8:10 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Yeah collars fot G-Sport hubs and im in the uk, south yorkshire.

No worries man, well im plannin on making a hub guard for my front wheel so ill see whats the situation with gettin in material and what material and ill let you know

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/21/2014 3:16 PM

Txt me 4184406861 I have something for you

|

11/21/2014 4:50 PM

funfrontbrake wrote:

Txt me 4184406861 I have something for you

Isnt that an American number? Im in the uk duude

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

11/21/2014 6:19 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

Haha, how would i do that?

Be like, bro, you should come back to vital and if you do, you can have some headset caps. lol

|

11/21/2014 6:45 PM

He made one of the caps for jon

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/24/2014 9:40 AM

Finally made somethin for my iwn bike! Did do a headset cap aswell as bb cones but i fucjed the headset cap up.Photo

Photo

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit