headsets sti

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2014 7:55 PM

if I have the standard to integrated headset on my bike can I buy a campy spec headset and put it in the bearing cups?

|

7/22/2014 8:13 PM

you should be able too its the same spec bearings... Say, could you do me a favor, If you have an STI, can you measure the sti for me? the cup diameter specifically.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/22/2014 8:15 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

you should be able too its the same spec bearings... Say, could you do me a favor, If you have an STI, can you measure the sti ...more

I don't have them yet, there on the way right now. but the inside or outside diameter?

|

7/22/2014 8:19 PM

outter, I want to try and find a rotor that could fit over it, if possible, If not i might just end up casting one myself.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/22/2014 9:39 PM

Yep just did it.. You just need the cups I got a demo one and you can do the same with bottom bracket also!

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

7/22/2014 9:43 PM

Hey Ethan every rotor fits over it. Its not any larger diameter wise than your average headset...I have it and have used a basic rotor from odyssey on it

|

7/22/2014 11:02 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

Hey Ethan every rotor fits over it. Its not any larger diameter wise than your average headset...I have it and have used a ...more

wait, so I can run an Odyssey G3 upper and lower plate, and the rotor, then eventually switch over to a GTX-S and run a Mechanic STI headset aswell?

If so, I'm ordering it tonight!

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/12/2014 8:14 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

Hey Ethan every rotor fits over it. Its not any larger diameter wise than your average headset...I have it and have used a ...more

dkTechEthan wrote:

wait, so I can run an Odyssey G3 upper and lower plate, and the rotor, then eventually switch over to a GTX-S and run a ...more

I know this thread is old but do not buy the sti headset. I broke two headset bearings because they don't fit into the cups the right way.

|

8/12/2014 8:17 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

wait, so I can run an Odyssey G3 upper and lower plate, and the rotor, then eventually switch over to a GTX-S and run a ...more

Jonathan Pfadt wrote:

I know this thread is old but do not buy the sti headset. I broke two headset bearings because they don't fit into the cups ...more

yeah im going to call that an isolated incident or user error
i had multiple friends have no problems with them

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/12/2014 8:20 PM

Jonathan Pfadt wrote:

I know this thread is old but do not buy the sti headset. I broke two headset bearings because they don't fit into the cups ...more

user error.

What bearings did you use? and are you sure you installed them properly?

|

8/13/2014 4:11 AM

user error. I have had mine for over a year with absolutely no problems.

|

8/13/2014 10:09 AM

Got the verde neo STI headset in my 2002 barcode and had no problems atall.

I don't think you know how to install something that requires thinking.

|