heat treated tree sprocket

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2010 12:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 3:45 AM

The TREE Heat Treated sprocket blueprint was finished last year at about this time. We were supposed to have samples ready for Interbike last year, but we never received them. After Interbike some time went by and still no sprockets. Late samples `turned into no samples, turned into major availability issues for our TREE Light Sprocket lasting until January of this year. That turned into us finding a new sprocket Machinist.

Photo

Things don’t always work as smoothly as you’d like; we gave our new machinist the blueprint for the steel sprocket last winter, but he had a lot of catching up to do with our production sprockets and tearing down and setting up a machine to fire off some samples mid production is not always easy. Finally, after a lot of patience we have our samples.

Photo

The Heat Treated Sprocket is a new budget priced sprocket, but with high-end quality. It’s the first in a line of high quality Tree parts at affordable prices to riders, by designing parts in unique ways that will cost less to manufacture.

- Uses the 48-spline drive system proven on our Light Sprocket on this 4130 heat-treated steel sprocket.

- Splines are cut directly out of the sprocket, saving on the manufacturing cost spent on the insert.

- A bolt drive option is also available.

- Made of thin metal that is in the style direction of less bulky and cleaner looking BMX parts.

- 25-tooth spline drive version weighs about 2.6 ounces.

- 22,25,28, and 30 tooth sizes.

- Available in black oxide, and hopefully clear coat paint to look like the sample.

- COMING MID OCTOBER 2010!

Like other Tree products the Heat Treated sprocket will be tested by the Tree team, and rigorous hydraulic laboratory testing, a method that as far as we know is unique to TREE in BMX.

Photo

Here are some pics of our laboratory tests on the sprockets. We do a 45 degree angle “bash’ test and a straight on “bash“ test. We also do a torque test to make sure the bolt hole location or spline drive system is strong enough.

We always retest our existing parts to use as a control.

[LINK TO IMAGE]http://www.treebicycleco.com/...stories/images/2.jpg" />

As the machine smashes the sprocket it prints out a graph which shows us load pressure to distance traveled. It shows us the yield strength(bending point) of the part.

|

bike check smile

STAY FIT

7/30/2010 12:36 PM

Looks sick... but looks like there's barely anything there...

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

7/30/2010 12:37 PM

Photo
|

bike check smile

STAY FIT

7/30/2010 12:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 3:45 AM

I

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

7/30/2010 12:39 PM

Honestly looks kinda weak to me... ermm

|

R.I.P. COMPTON

First MOTM 12/2010

7/30/2010 12:40 PM

cschmall wrote:

its heat treated steal instead of aluminum

|

bike check smile

STAY FIT

7/30/2010 1:26 PM

cschmall wrote:

jpntbll9 wrote:

its heat treated steal instead of aluminum

still...

|

R.I.P. COMPTON

First MOTM 12/2010

7/30/2010 1:35 PM

I think the main thing they are going after is cheaper to make,cheaper to buy.

|