heavy bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2013 3:21 PM

my bikes pretty heavy (26 or 27 pounds) and im having trouble getting the front end up

|

9/8/2013 3:38 PM

thats not heavy. post a list of your bike componentes and we will tell you what easy weight save upgrades you can do. Try leaning your body back , that's the major people problem. Is not just pull the handlebars. Lean back , push your handlebars and push your feet forward it's like a all body movement. If you want to bunny hop , do that and when youre on the highest point push your back and push your bars forward.

|

9/8/2013 3:44 PM

Frame: hi-ten steel frame with alloy stem
Handlebars: 2pc, hi-ten, steel handlebars
3pc chromoly cranks (175mm)
39t front sprocket and 14t rear freewheel
Seat: padded seat
Brakes: alloy, rear U-brake
Brake Lever: alloy, freestyle U-brake lever
Wheels: black, 36h alloy wheel set
14mm rear hub axle
Rims: low profile, alloy rims
Pedals: alloy pedals
23" stand-over height

|

9/8/2013 3:45 PM

my bikes kinda crappy btw XD dk general lee

|

9/8/2013 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2013 3:52 PM

You just need to build some muscle by getting used to it. As you progress and parts start to break, the parts you purchase will help cut weight.

Also I'm not sure where you read that your bike has a 23" stand over height, but that's definitely way off.
Most frames nowadays are in the 7" - 9" range for stand over height.
It kind of sounds like that dimension is including the wheel/tire height though, in which case that sounds about right.

|

9/8/2013 3:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2013 3:56 PM

It's hi ten. I'm pretty sure it's heavier than that, I would guess about 31 lbs. And listen to what Lorenzo said. Build muscle. My bike weighed right at 50 lbs when I was 12. Hi ten everything and moto mags.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/8/2013 4:04 PM

Back In the day 40 pound bikes where normal sub 30 pound bikes where unheard of......your bikes not heavy

|

9/8/2013 4:14 PM

My frame is hi ten and is 2.3kg. Don't ask me how. the tires are usualy a good place to start replacing.

|

9/8/2013 9:15 PM

Do some push ups.
Your bike gets a hell of a lot lighter.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/8/2013 11:19 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

You just need to build some muscle by getting used to it. As you progress and parts start to break, the parts you purchase will help cut weight.

Also I'm not sure where you read that your bike has a 23" stand over height, but that's definitely way off.
Most frames nowadays are in the 7" - 9" range for stand over height.
It kind of sounds like that dimension is including the wheel/tire height though, in which case that sounds about right.

Mountain Bike and Road Bike companies measure the Standover as the Seat tube Height combined with the BB Height, so yeah you're probably right.

|

9/9/2013 1:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2013 1:33 AM

26-27lbs???? You young guys don't remember the days of heavy ass 40-45 sometimes 50 lbs. tanks. I used to ride a S&M Holmes with all Primo and Standard components. It was like trying to tailwhip a morbidly obese dead guy whose been floating in a river for a week.

When your going into your hop, lean back and stand up in the pedals pulling that light ass front wheel up into your gut and before you gut check yourself wit your bars, JUMP...for the love of god JUMP(Im talkin full extension like your in a slam dunk contest)!!! Once your front wheel is about waist/belly height, and you feel your back wheel leave the ground push your bars forward and tuck you legs up into your torso like your trying to knee yourself in the chest.....I hope this helps bud.....oh yeah, higher end parts tend to be lighter. Save up. Look at the Pros setup. Ditch the freewheel for a cassette hub, weight your bars and if need be get lighter bars, cranks and BB.....thats half the battle boss. And remember.....JUMP!

|

9/10/2013 3:08 PM

thanks for the help guys! and u guys are probably right about the bike being heavier then 27 silly

|

9/10/2013 7:18 PM

Awsum.Pie wrote:

thanks for the help guys! and u guys are probably right about the bike being heavier then 27 silly

mine is 27.5lbs and i don't have any problems so ya you just need to get stronger

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

9/10/2013 8:17 PM

Bikes were way heavier back in the day...
And we managed. I doubt Mirra complained when he was riding monstrosities. Look at it this way...
If you get the hang of it on what you're riding now, shit will be cake if you buy a featherweight CRMO bike down the road, as you'll be used to more weight.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

9/11/2013 6:27 AM

mines 17. yours could lose some weight

|

9/11/2013 8:44 AM

No wonder allot of bmx riders look scrawny these days......watched props best of 2010 and best of 2000 riders used to have way more amplitude back In the day and way heavier bikes......they also weren't scrawny as fuck

|

9/11/2013 12:08 PM

i have no issue with weight. i bought what i wanted and my build is 24lbs 15oz w/ 4 pegs and a coaster. i like bikes that weight around 25. anything less than 24, is too light

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook