hello from the uk

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2014 11:38 AM

hey everyone, just getting back into bmx after a long break thought id come here and see whats changed, when i was riding people were playing ps1's lol...

|

12/3/2014 11:40 AM

I'm not sure what year that was, but bikes are lighter and more responsive..

Where in the UK are you? I visited London this summer. I actually got a good glance at the local scene there!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/3/2014 11:49 AM

im nr maidstone in kent (hour from london), theres a place in gravesend nr me called cyclopark were i was working recently (im a builder) and got the itch again. me and a few pals went up the other week and hit their bmx pump track and loved it, going to try the park on saturday if the weathers good!-)
Photo

Photo

|

12/3/2014 11:50 AM

95-96, so looks like you stopped as midschool was getting into full swing, you really missed out haha (so did i since im only 22, caught the arse end of the best era) anyway, welcome!

|

12/3/2014 11:54 AM

stopped when i started driving, after a run of turbo cars and superbikes ive gone full circle lol, im 31 years young!-) main reason for starting again is tha i have a 1yr old son and see it as a good way to spend time together as he grows up... and to burn of a few pounds.

|

12/3/2014 11:58 AM

Justintime wrote:

stopped when i started driving, after a run of turbo cars and superbikes ive gone full circle lol, im 31 years young!-) main ...more

Definitely a good thing to do! Take him to the pump track and such! Maybe go into London and ride the Olympic race track, its super fun.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/3/2014 12:01 PM

thats the plan dude, already got him a blance bike for his first birthday in jan!-) this inspired me a bit...

|

12/3/2014 12:15 PM

Im more motorbikes than cars, picking.up a fazer 600 soon, basically a slower r6 with much lower insurance for me at 22 haha. Sounds like your going to have a ton of fun with the little ripper.

|

12/3/2014 12:17 PM

Pivotal posts
Lighter frames
Almost everyone is brakeless
Freecoasters

|

12/3/2014 12:20 PM

hope so, hopefully i can get him into it! rode an early fazer streetfighter rode pretty nice, ive had loads two 5jj r1's a 929 firblade and a superduke 990!-) be safe dude, ive had some major nr miss's and a big off on the r1... keep those spider sense's active at all times lol!

|

12/3/2014 12:22 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

Pivotal posts
Lighter frames
Almost everyone is brakeless
Freecoasters

got an older and a newer bike, just need to get comfortable on em now... and find time.

|

12/3/2014 12:46 PM

Few months ago I bought an old ruption sri like I had before I gave up, sold it quickly after realising its crud!-) recently I bought a 2001 gt race series 0.5 for £40 then two days ago a 2012 united supreme su2 enties for £100. Pretty happy with both.

|

12/3/2014 5:05 PM

Justintime wrote:

stopped when i started driving, after a run of turbo cars and superbikes ive gone full circle lol, im 31 years young!-) main ...more

That's funny, it sounds like me lol, I got back into it at 30.

|

My FBM bike check

12/3/2014 7:30 PM

Sweet bike list, my dads currently on a 1999 r1 and im doing a resto on a 1981 honda h100. Trust me i know all about near misses, nothing like expecting to be mush in leather to scare you haha. Stay safe!

|

12/3/2014 10:24 PM

Justintime wrote:

Flea wrote:

Great im not the only 30+ dude haha.. how you getting on? Hoping not to break myself lol.

|

12/4/2014 4:28 PM

Justintime wrote:

Flea wrote:

Justintime wrote:

Great im not the only 30+ dude haha.. how you getting on? Hoping not to break myself lol.

The funny thing is I'm more comfortable on my bike now than I was back in my teens, and more daring lol, maybe it's because I finally build a bike that fits me and my riding, but i'm having fun, that's what it's all about for me now, and riding with my kids.

BTW I'm like the coolest dad ever to my kids because I bmx smile

|

My FBM bike check

12/4/2014 10:04 PM

Legend!

|