help...

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2012 5:04 PM

I know this will sound retarded buuuttt... how tight do i need to make the bolt that attaches the sprocket to the crank arm... this is my first pair of cranks witha actual bolt instead of a bar...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

6/6/2012 5:16 PM

with a dohicky called an allen key.

|

Refs: mgbmx666, Fit.Team.Rider, SharifZadeh

6/6/2012 5:19 PM

Tighten it until it gets hard to tighten anymore.

|

"You might want to get some knee pads and a family pack of chapstick, I'm afraid its going to be a long night for you".-Austin_Read

6/6/2012 5:22 PM

skateandbmx14 wrote:

Tighten it until it gets hard to tighten anymore.

and then strip it so you can't take it off either

|

Refs: mgbmx666, Fit.Team.Rider, SharifZadeh

6/6/2012 5:24 PM

tighten it until your sprocket breaks

|

6/6/2012 5:28 PM

cky199 wrote:

tighten it until your sprocket breaks

He's got the right idea, listen to him, he's a boss.

|

Refs: mgbmx666, Fit.Team.Rider, SharifZadeh

6/6/2012 5:39 PM

cky199 wrote:

tighten it until your sprocket breaks

I thought you were suppose to tighten it until your tires are at 80psi?
fuck I've been doing it wrong all these years..

|

6/6/2012 5:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I thought you were suppose to tighten it until your tires are at 80psi?
fuck I've been doing it wrong all these years..

well, i tighten the bolt until my stem is at a 12 degree angle from my forks, which causes my spokes to loosen, putting the tires at about 80psi, so you should be fine.

|

6/6/2012 5:52 PM

soo anybody gonna give me a real answer... if i tighten it too tight it causes the sprocket to be off line... if it tighten it too loose it feels like it has "slack" before the bolt hits the sprocket causing it to move forward...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

6/6/2012 5:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2012 5:59 PM

bmx4orlife wrote:

soo anybody gonna give me a real answer... if i tighten it too tight it causes the sprocket to be off line... if it tighten it too loose it feels like it has "slack" before the bolt hits the sprocket causing it to move forward...

I usually tighten my cranks up but not the whole way tight, with the sprocket already on, without the sprocket bolt tight. I have it on, but not snugged up. pedal the cranks so the sprocket bolt sits at the end of the sprocket bolt hole then tighten it up nice and tight. go until you can't easily tighten it anymore, then give it one last little push and it should be good. this ensures that the sprocket isn't off alignment. remember to tighten your cranks the whole way then you're good to go.

|

6/6/2012 6:07 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I usually tighten my cranks up but not the whole way tight, with the sprocket already on, without the sprocket bolt tight. I have it on, but not snugged up. pedal the cranks so the sprocket bolt sits at the end of the sprocket bolt hole then tighten it up nice and tight. go until you can't easily tighten it anymore, then give it one last little push and it should be good. this ensures that the sprocket isn't off alignment. remember to tighten your cranks the whole way then you're good to go.

ok thank you ill try that then... thanks for a real answer...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

6/6/2012 6:17 PM

FALSE YOU MUST CEMENT THE BOLT INTO THE SPROCKET AND THEN TEAR IT UP WITH A CHAINSAW, BINGO.

|

Refs: mgbmx666, Fit.Team.Rider, SharifZadeh