help a noob with Matching brands

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2020 7:52 PM

How do I match brands without getting made fun of. I ride kink stuff and I guess I fall in with the street people. I would be alright with just staying with kink but it would be nice to branch out and play around with other brands, without just throwing a bunch of random shit oin the bike. I understand tat someone will always be pissed but wat are some of the big no no's and tips?

|

Speed, I am speed... -Lightning McQueen
Fuck money get bitches... I think?

10/12/2020 7:57 PM

does not matter as long as the colors are correctly arranged. Who cares what someone thinks about brand matching on your bike. Yeah, it's nice, but most bmx stuff is interchangeable. For me, I stay with Odyssey, Profile, S&M, Tree for 95% percent of my parts. Kink is decent as well.

|

bikes

10/12/2020 8:03 PM

bmxmanboy wrote:

does not matter as long as the colors are correctly arranged. Who cares what someone thinks about brand matching on your bike. ...more

okay, well what are some tips for colors then, cause thats one that's been bugging me as well

|

Speed, I am speed... -Lightning McQueen
Fuck money get bitches... I think?

10/12/2020 8:21 PM

bmxmanboy wrote:

does not matter as long as the colors are correctly arranged. Who cares what someone thinks about brand matching on your bike. ...more

Fried_Eggs wrote:

okay, well what are some tips for colors then, cause thats one that's been bugging me as well

when in doubt use raw, chrome or black. they are kinda universal colors that almost work with anything. I usually keep it simple and add small accents like hubs and stems but hey- it's called freestyle for a reason.

|

bikes

10/12/2020 8:30 PM

If anyone makes fun of you for what parts you ride they a “dumb ass”

Why the the hell should it matter what parts or brands you ride if you have fun riding your bike?

|

10/12/2020 8:31 PM

You do you.. F everyone else...

|

10/12/2020 9:21 PM

I’ve said before, part of the fun in bmx is the infinite number of combinations you can make with all the parts that are available. I’d much rather have a completely unique setup than try to copy someone else’s just because I like it. Colors are easy these days with everything being online and quality digital pictures. You can get a really good idea what you like before you buy anything.

|

10/13/2020 12:34 AM

It's freestyle, you are a f r e e spirit.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/13/2020 4:41 AM

bmxmanboy wrote:

Colors don't matter either.

I've seen some pretty hideous color combos. Sometimes it is about what is affordable, sometimes kids want a hideous bike so it stands out.

Ride and enjoy it. Don't worry about brands or colors.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/13/2020 6:55 AM

buy from reputable brands within your budget, who cares about matching brands

now if you have a brand you trust and like the parts, sure go with it....i like kink so i'd buy kink, cinema or mission

|

10/13/2020 8:59 AM

So many brands are basically the same. There’s only a few that really put much effort into design and manufacture. You’re pretty much paying for the image most of the time.

Personally, I support the brands that push technology and make good parts that are (arguably) better than the generic stuff

|

10/13/2020 10:09 AM

anyone with a brain wouldn't make fun of you for having mismatched brands, ride what you like, what you can afford, and what interests you after looking at it.

|

10/13/2020 10:41 AM

I have an all black back besides my seat and my red forks.
Both of which i found cheap and felt like buying. The Red forks where subrosa and they held up for a very long time. Hey why not.

|

Husky Nation Member

10/13/2020 11:19 AM

I didnt even know it was a thing. I got like 10 brands on my bike

|