help! hub issue

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2013 11:49 AM

Alright, so on my last little ride, I noticed my hub (khe astern coaster) has a pretty decent amount of side play... The hub and everything is tight. What could it be? I dont think the bearings are bad because they still seem pretty smooth... Could it be that the places where the hubshell bearings sit? Im not sure whats going on :/ please help!

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 11:54 AM

Email empire. Plzdntfailmeagn did it.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/13/2013 12:03 PM

The whole hub or just the driver? Which has sideways play?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/13/2013 1:29 PM

tomdon wrote:

The whole hub or just the driver? Which has sideways play?

The whole hub.... I took it apart last week to check/regrease everything. It eas all good, I put it all back just the way it came apart, it was perfect, no issues and today it was all wobbly and shit.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 1:36 PM

So it went together and rode fine? Then all of a sudden it has wobble? This is the first I've heard of that. I'm actually stumped for once

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/13/2013 1:55 PM

I'm pretty sure one of ur bearings is shot. Most likely the drive side. I'm dealing with the exact same thing on my rush coaster that I rebuilt but used the old bearings since they still spun ok. After I noticed the wobble when I put it on I took it apart again and opened the seals on the bearings to find that the big one was completely rusted. Small one was ok but I repacked them and put the wheel back on. No more wobble until I got on the bike and rolled around on it. The fresh grease leaked right out of the drive side bearing. So I ordered both bearings and will have them Friday. Hopefully I have no issues then and hopefully this will work for u too

|

5/13/2013 2:23 PM

tomdon wrote:

So it went together and rode fine? Then all of a sudden it has wobble? This is the first I've heard of that. I'm actually ...more

Yep. Exactly.

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 2:41 PM

I just tore it all apart, all the bearings are near perfect. Nothing blown at all. im lost, if it was coming from the driver, hiw would I fix it?

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 3:39 PM

Are you running any slack washers?

|

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

5/13/2013 3:53 PM

KilledGlamour wrote:

Are you running any slack washers?

No. its externally adjustable

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 4:38 PM

Ok I'm not familiar with coasters but have you done the come nuts up tight enough?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/13/2013 5:03 PM

did you use WD40 in it?

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/13/2013 5:03 PM

Gump wrote:

Ok I'm not familiar with coasters but have you done the come nuts up tight enough?

I assume you mean jam nuts, because cone nuts are for unsealed hubs, and the driveside is the only one I use, and yes its tight. And I replaced the other with a hubguard.

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 5:05 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

did you use WD40 in it?

Unlike you, im not an idiot. No. I did not. Only high quality aviation grease.

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 5:09 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

I assume you mean jam nuts, because cone nuts are for unsealed hubs, and the driveside is the only one I use, and yes its ...more

that might be your problem try putting the locknut back on the nondrive side see if the problem goes away

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

5/13/2013 5:12 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

did you use WD40 in it?

I did it to my coaster to see if it would get louder.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/13/2013 5:16 PM

Gump wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

I assume you mean jam nuts, because cone nuts are for unsealed hubs, and the driveside is the only one I use, and yes its ...more

oscar5788 wrote:

that might be your problem try putting the locknut back on the nondrive side see if the problem goes away

Never had one... It was fine until very recently

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 5:31 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Never had one... It was fine until very recently

I googled it and looked around and other people said its the locknuts if it worked good before im not sure what to tell you

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

5/13/2013 5:41 PM

I know for a fact its not the lock nuts since I'm dealing with the same thing and tightening them as far as they can go does nothing. If u have taken the bearings out and thoroughly inspected them and they are tight, then the only thing I can think of is let a shop look at it

|

5/13/2013 5:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2013 5:48 PM

wnb85 wrote:

I know for a fact its not the lock nuts since I'm dealing with the same thing and tightening them as far as they can go does ...more

Yeah, im starting to wonder if its not the shell or something. And no shops here even know what a free coaster is lol

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/13/2013 6:03 PM

I just messaged the owner of an lbs in council bluffs, and he said his greyhound did the same thing and he has no idea why

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/14/2013 6:13 AM

well, nobody has any idea why its giving me issues, so im just going to put it together and hope that fixes it...

------>should i get an ezra coaster? i can get one new for like $145ish. should i save up for it, or just try repairing my astern?

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/14/2013 6:17 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

well, nobody has any idea why its giving me issues, so im just going to put it together and hope that fixes it...

...more

Ezra, i've seen it in action on multiple bikes and its great.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/14/2013 6:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2013 6:20 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

...more

FreddyDapice wrote:

Ezra, i've seen it in action on multiple bikes and its great.

its so much money though :/ i could probably afford it here soon, but then i wont be able to finish my build sad

i think ima just run my astern til it dies

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

5/14/2013 8:13 AM

Could it possibly be my clutch?

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook