help me.. Terrible one Skapegoat frame

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2022 7:11 PM

At this moment I am thinking of acquiring a terrible one frame from skapegoat.. I don't know much about them but without a doubt I want this model... could you tell me about your experience with this frame, how are you doing on the street? my previous quad was an s&m BTM

|

you friend kacha

11/22/2022 6:02 PM

Most Taiwanese frames are of similar quality these days. The chain stay wishbone will probably make it feel a little stiffer, that's pretty much it. It's Shawn Walter's signature frame and he's mainly a street rider that runs 4 pegs and grinds and wallrides all kinds of stuff. So if the geo looks good and you think it'll fit your style of riding then get it. I have a buddy with one and he runs the rear end pretty long and only rides bowls and trails. He seems to really like it. Then again, he's a shredder and could probably ride any frame and make it look good.

|

11/22/2022 7:04 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Most Taiwanese frames are of similar quality these days. The chain stay wishbone will probably make it feel a little stiffer, ...more

I like its geo, it is very similar to most today, it is a current frame. My previous frame was an s&m btm, the rear part was 13" and the terrible one is 13.3. I like stable frames, I think it will be a good option with that information. .. Do not you believe it?

|

you friend kacha

11/22/2022 8:00 PM

I'm riding one right now. Beefy tube set, good all around geometry, wish bone, and the integrated chain tensioners are good for the grinds. I did have to go to the hardware store to buy longer bolts for the tensioners but you might be good with the stock ones. Buy one if you can find one, I'd try empirebmx.com first.

|

11/22/2022 8:26 PM

Kacha wrote:

I like its geo, it is very similar to most today, it is a current frame. My previous frame was an s&m btm, the rear part ...more

Yeah bro, it's a good frame. Seems like a really solid option no matter what type of riding you do.

|

11/23/2022 5:01 AM

Borgis Plorkman wrote:

I'm riding one right now. Beefy tube set, good all around geometry, wish bone, and the integrated chain tensioners are good ...more

Yes, I really like the skapegoat frame and I only found the rust red color in my city in Mexico. My question is whether the frame is made in the United States or in Taiwan?

|

you friend kacha

11/23/2022 10:51 AM

Kacha wrote:

Yes, I really like the skapegoat frame and I only found the rust red color in my city in Mexico. My question is whether the ...more

Taiwan.

|

11/23/2022 11:37 AM

Borgis Plorkman wrote:

I'm riding one right now. Beefy tube set, good all around geometry, wish bone, and the integrated chain tensioners are good ...more

Kacha wrote:

Yes, I really like the skapegoat frame and I only found the rust red color in my city in Mexico. My question is whether the ...more

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Taiwan.

Ok, even so, I think it's a good frame, I like it... I think I'll decide between him and the kink contender... which one do you recommend?

|

you friend kacha

11/23/2022 12:13 PM

Kacha wrote:

Ok, even so, I think it's a good frame, I like it... I think I'll decide between him and the kink contender... which one do ...more

I think they're both similar in terms of quality, so I can't say which one is better. It sounds like you really have your eye on the scapegoat.

|

11/23/2022 9:09 PM

if you really like the design of the skapegoat and its geo, I'm sure you're going to be stoked with it in person. I've been riding one for over a year now, and it's just an overall good frame. middle ground geo, classic design, wide diameter tubing so it's very stiff. when you see how it's built in person, it's hard to imagine it not being stronger than most other frames on the market. at the very least it's for sure on par with the rest

|

11/24/2022 4:40 AM

Undesemin wrote:

if you really like the design of the skapegoat and its geo, I'm sure you're going to be stoked with it in person. I've been ...more

I think I'm determined to go for the skapegoat. My question is having a wider tube diameter than the current ones, isn't the frame heavier or does it have a lighter weight?

|

you friend kacha

11/24/2022 10:08 AM

There’s so many good Black Friday sales right now allover

|

11/24/2022 11:46 AM

eskimojay wrote:

There’s so many good Black Friday sales right now allover

I am from Mexico, discounts do not apply here. It would be expensive for me to bring a frame with shipping costs and taxes.

|

you friend kacha

11/24/2022 2:12 PM

I love my skapegoat the geo feels great. Every once in a while I try a new frame (not brand new but different) and I seem to always go back to the skapegoat

|

11/24/2022 7:04 PM

Kacha wrote:

I think I'm determined to go for the skapegoat. My question is having a wider tube diameter than the current ones, isn't the ...more

idk how much it weighs exactly, but it's not heavy. pretty standard

|