help me pick

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2014 9:55 PM

I am just starting to ride bmx and my mom said she will get me a new bike for Christmas. She wont spend too much money so im deciding between a 2015 kink gap and a 2015 colony emerge. What do u guys think i should go with. They are both the same price??

|

12/6/2014 10:14 PM

They both appear to be really close in quality. Personally, I would try to find a better used bike or older complete on craigslist or something

|

12/6/2014 10:16 PM

where you purchasing from? You may be able to find a good discount code to get something better

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/6/2014 10:18 PM

Ok. Ive been looking on danscomp and ebay

|

12/6/2014 10:25 PM

afacedman wrote:

Ok. Ive been looking on danscomp and ebay

theres 15-20 percent off codes going on now, find them and use them at dans..youll be able to get something better

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/6/2014 10:27 PM

Ok. What might u suggest

|

12/6/2014 10:34 PM

With the discount the highest i can go is 450

|

12/6/2014 10:59 PM

I bought my bike for 175 on Craigslist! Full chromoly and all that good stuff, good quality bike! I'd suggest looking there first. U can get a better quality used bike for less money than a lower quality new bike!

|

12/6/2014 11:01 PM

Ok thanks

|

12/6/2014 11:16 PM

Alright, so now ive been thinking about the 2015 kink whip hamlin, the 2015 sunday reeves am plus, and the fit bf 1. Any thoughts

|

12/6/2014 11:16 PM

I will look on Craigslist tomorrow

|

12/7/2014 8:33 AM

Tony Hamlin and Brian foster both kick ass I'd go with one of those 2

|

12/7/2014 8:47 AM

Kink Liberty. Full chromoly, fully sealed, double wall rims, a few aftermarket parts. All the good stuff.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/7/2014 10:22 AM

Cool anyone like the united Martinez?

|

12/7/2014 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2014 11:04 AM

No don't get the Martinez it's hi tensile steel frame and has single walled rims. Look for Full Chromoly frame, fully sealed hubs, double walled rims

|

12/7/2014 3:31 PM

From the 2 you listed, the Kink is the better option. A little more chromoly in the frame, and it has chromoly bars too.

The Kink Whip Hamlin bike with the 15% discount is just under your the price of the 2 bikes you originally listed. and that bike is pretty dialed. Full chromoly frame, chromoly fork, chromoly bars, and chromoly crank, fully sealed hubs, double wall rear rim, but only a single wall in the front. You have a double wall in the rear at least which is more important.

|

12/7/2014 5:24 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

From the 2 you listed, the Kink is the better option. A little more chromoly in the frame, and it has chromoly bars too.

...more

this. I mean, I like kink more anyway than colony. but still

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/7/2014 5:48 PM

Well you can go cheap and slowly make it into a custom bike, or you could get a really nice stock bike and fix parts when they break.

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/7/2014 6:04 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Well you can go cheap and slowly make it into a custom bike, or you could get a really nice stock bike and fix parts when they ...more

its better to start off with something that will last alil bit though. instead of having to crank out new parts right away

|

sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"

12/7/2014 6:05 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

Well you can go cheap and slowly make it into a custom bike, or you could get a really nice stock bike and fix parts when they ...more

sketchytravis wrote:

its better to start off with something that will last alil bit though. instead of having to crank out new parts right away

True, but the less you spend, the more you can put into custom parts wink

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/7/2014 6:57 PM

So if i got the kink whip hamlin what do u think the first thing i upgrade should be?

|

12/7/2014 7:13 PM

afacedman wrote:

So if i got the kink whip hamlin what do u think the first thing i upgrade should be?

I would just let it alone personally, maybe pick some pegs up if you wanna grind, maybe hub guards too.

Blowing money on stuff you don't need isn't really a good idea, plus if you buy something, then end up breaking something else later on, you could've used that money to fix it rather than waste it on something you didn't really need.

|

12/8/2014 12:39 AM

this this for days in all the ways

if it aint broke don't fix it. and if you feel like you gotta buy something. it better be because its a damn good deal and your gunna hold onto it until what your using breaks

|