help with barspins

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2011 8:50 PM

ok so im shit footed left foot foward and throw my bars to the right, i can do them but i can never catch the bars in the air? anybody on here have any tips on catching them?

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/26/2011 8:53 PM

use your hands

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

3/26/2011 8:55 PM

B.M.X wrote:

use your hands

sounds easy but everytime i try to catch them in the air i fly off my bike its akward as fuck i dont why?

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/26/2011 8:56 PM

just keep practicing

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

3/26/2011 8:56 PM

B.M.X wrote:

use your hands

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

sounds easy but everytime i try to catch them in the air i fly off my bike its akward as fuck i dont why?

try to stay over your bars

you also should be level in the air

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

3/26/2011 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2011 8:58 PM

thanks guys for the tips im going to just keep praticing them and hopefully get them down and ill post an edit up soon

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/26/2011 9:03 PM

im also left foot forward, so here's how I do em. get level, or almost level in the air. then drop your right hand down, and throw with your left hand. you can follow the bar around, but try not to hold on all the way. and as the bar comes around, the hand that you dropped catches, and then the hand that threw catches shortly after. and sidenote, i just learned oppo bars today! quick vid of me doing a bar, then oppo bar http://www.twitvid.com/RHKAP

|

3/26/2011 9:08 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

im also left foot forward, so here's how I do em. get level, or almost level in the air. then drop your right hand down, and throw with your left hand. you can follow the bar around, but try not to hold on all the way. and as the bar comes around, the hand that you dropped catches, and then the hand that threw catches shortly after. and sidenote, i just learned oppo bars today! quick vid of me doing a bar, then oppo bar http://www.twitvid.com/RHKAP

sick bro, i never tried opposite yet.. did you use to throw to the right to or no?

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/26/2011 9:15 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

sick bro, i never tried opposite yet.. did you use to throw to the right to or no?

nope, I used to throw them in the right direction, but I did x-ups. but it took me a few weeks to relearn them the right way on a flyout jump at my local park, then just did them flat. and yesterday i got close on oppo bars into grass, and today i landed them. theyre a completely different motion, its hard to explain

|

3/26/2011 9:18 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

nope, I used to throw them in the right direction, but I did x-ups. but it took me a few weeks to relearn them the right way on a flyout jump at my local park, then just did them flat. and yesterday i got close on oppo bars into grass, and today i landed them. theyre a completely different motion, its hard to explain

your lucky i hope i can relearn them the right way, cheers man thanks for your tips

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/26/2011 9:19 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

your lucky i hope i can relearn them the right way, cheers man thanks for your tips

haha no problem, just concentrate on dropping your hand, and once u get used to the throw they come together. dont get too frustrated, they seem impossible at first

|

3/26/2011 9:54 PM

i dont even have them dialed but one BIG thing that i found out is to follow your bars with your left hand.
if you follow your bars, you would have a bigger chance of catching them

|

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

3/26/2011 10:33 PM

orlandoBMXrider wrote:

i dont even have them dialed but one BIG thing that i found out is to follow your bars with your left hand.
if you follow your bars, you would have a bigger chance of catching them

ok man thanks for the tip wink

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/27/2011 3:13 AM

ok, for bar spins, the easiest way to learn them is... there isnt an easy way unless they just come to you lol, but for my tips are to bunny hop at a nice hight level out your body over your bike head directly over the stem area or bars thow with your throw hand and then catch they bars a little early with your catch hand... as if they did a 270 not a 360.. then finish the rotation with your other hand and slap your throw hand on fast and grab on... as for your legs.. keep your knees a little back when you level out, you can pinch them inwerd... it helps and try it over and over and over intel your confertible with them. watch this video and watch how he catches.

|

3/27/2011 5:35 PM

every video u watch is gonna have basicly the same technic u just gotta try to work with that same gerneral idea intel i can get the feel for your style

|

3/27/2011 5:37 PM

thanks guys im bout to go practice them its probly going to take awhile to learn them the right way

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~