help with barspins

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2017 2:12 PM

there are many threads i've read asking for help but i'm having a different issue than everyone
so i have tried hop bars on flat ground and have a high seat and everything practiced for throwing (pickup) and whenever i hop i cannot push past the mental block no matter how hard i try to force myself to do it i just can't flick and catch
any tips because it's bothered me for too long

|

2/28/2017 2:51 PM

Try a half bars first

|

2/28/2017 3:18 PM

As Steve said, try half bars first. It'll help you get the feel a bit better than trying to get them thrown around completely right now. Everyone learns differently. You can also try them on fly out. Gives you more time to throw and catch. You will bust and jam fingers learning! Trust me! But imo hop bars are hard as hell to learn if you've never done a barspin. Try half and try fly out

|

2/28/2017 3:28 PM

Personally I learned manual bars and got em dialed, THEN started hucking them. never did halfs cause I know dudes who would get stuck on half.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/28/2017 4:46 PM

I did pick up bars first then did them into grass then went to the concrete. I can now do hop bars flat and out if a flyout

|

2/28/2017 5:25 PM

Raise your seat a ton ! I know people say you don't need too I was that guy at one point . But when actually trying them , it makes pull up bars and flat bars 100x easier and the confidence factor really comes in too when you can pinch your seat . Obviously you don't need too but it helps keep your bike stable for the throw . St the very least raise it for a session and see . I'm gonna raise my seat more next time I ride for hang fives and barspins , see what happens .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/28/2017 5:46 PM

i think i'm gonna take it to a flyout for now, ill keep you guys updated thank you for the advice!

|