help with manuals

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2009 11:27 PM

so i get to the position where you "hump" it to keep you on one wheel, but when i go to do that i loose my balance and just fall forward. any advice? am i just a bad humper?

|

Stolen Bike.
kohlnv09 wrote: they have guns and knifes
HyPhy wrote: sounds like you should have just let them keep your bike then eh?

10/5/2009 11:28 PM

just keep trying

|

"go high, touch the sky"

10/5/2009 11:36 PM

Learn the balance point. Lean back. Stop 'humping'. The more you hump, the more your bike's center of gravity/point of balance shifts.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

10/6/2009 1:08 AM

Find your balance point first. Then once you got that you should only need to pump your legs just to keep your speed up

|

BMX 4 LIFE,20 inches of pure freedom

10/6/2009 1:01 PM

work on your abbs, i've been working out 2 hours everyday and not biking for like two weeks (i usualy suck at manuels) but now they are way better
abbs will help your balance and then i would say lean back and be FLEXIBLE (look at how garrette reynolds moves around alot, chances are you are stiff on the bike)
practice

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

10/6/2009 1:11 PM

alright thanks guys ill try

|

Stolen Bike.

10/6/2009 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:15 PM

Don't hump unless you're gonna lose the balance point.

And its not so much humping. Its more like shifting ur weight forward and backward with your ass; depending on witch direction you feel like ur gonna lose ur balance.

Lock the arms and bend those knees like ur sitting in and chair. Manuals are NOT the over night trick. It take tons of time a patients...good luck!

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/6/2009 2:44 PM

BMXism wrote:

Don't hump unless you're gonna lose the balance point.

And its not so much humping. Its more like shifting ur weight forward and backward with your ass; depending on witch direction you feel like ur gonna lose ur balance.

Lock the arms and bend those knees like ur sitting in and chair. Manuals are NOT the over night trick. It take tons of time a patients...good luck!

i totally agree
good luck dude
o and don't hop off too quick a lot of times
you can just shift your weight and keep from
having to jump off

|

sunday fo life fooools!!!!
aint nuthin better!
i am lovin the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/6/2009 3:10 PM

thanks guys i did one for 5 mississipis today !!! :D i was gonna loose my balance at 3 seconds but i stayed up for a bit lol

|

Stolen Bike.

10/6/2009 4:11 PM

when you are about to fall back bend you r knees and when you are about to go forward straighten them out

|

10/6/2009 4:44 PM

TJ.dougherty wrote:

when you are about to fall back bend you r knees and when you are about to go forward straighten them out

correct me if im wrong but isnt it tha other way around?

|