help with my free coaster

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2014 9:49 PM

Yeah so i got a aleination rush v2 free coaster and when i hop into fakie sometimes it will seize up like a cassete were i have to pedal back wards any help???

|

6/14/2014 9:51 PM

disengage the clutch first aka pedal backwards

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/14/2014 11:01 PM

Thats all you gotta do? Cuz sometimes it never does that and are there any freecoasters that you dont have to do that and would it disengage when im still going forward?

|

6/14/2014 11:45 PM

Adjust the slack.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

6/15/2014 3:20 AM

Daylyn wrote:

Thats all you gotta do? Cuz sometimes it never does that and are there any freecoasters that you dont have to do that and ...more

Yes it will dissingage when going forward, and every coaster does this, its just how they work

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

6/15/2014 6:38 AM

Basically your pedals are moving causing it to engage. You might not think so, but they are. It tricks the hub into thinking you are pedaling forward, moving the clutch into position to pedal and go forward, causing it to catch. Try adjusting your slack to have more slack.

Side note, I think my coaster has a bad set of driver bearings, grinding sound when I pedal forward, no noise when coasting or when going fakie. Oh well.

Bummer.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura