hollowbites insert spinning/pedal removal

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2011 5:34 PM

i heard the primos have problems becouse the pedals get over tightend. is this why the pedal inserts move?

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

3/9/2011 5:34 PM

Verde. wrote:

i said that in my email i said this is blatantly a fuckin issue here, and noone seems to have a failsafe repair option. i love the cranks in every other aspect just not this. i just wanna put my new pedals on

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

i heard there prettyy cool with there warrantys, my freind had pair and he snapped the arm and they sent him a whole new set

Verde. wrote:

holy fuck maybe il get a new set! thatd be awesome, pay 50 for second hand get brand new....sounds good, il put up with shit pedals for another week if thats the case

not sure tho, cause you didnt snap urs, so let us no when they email you haha

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/9/2011 5:36 PM

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

not sure tho, cause you didnt snap urs, so let us no when they email you haha

also they might not ship to scotland. fuck saaake. as i say im stickin a vid on when it uploads as a ast ditch effort then il give up and u can all move on and forget iv annoyed u all haha

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

3/9/2011 5:37 PM

og-rider wrote:

i heard the primos have problems becouse the pedals get over tightend. is this why the pedal inserts move?

a dunno why its doing it but maybe, if so its my mates fault cos i kept bitching my pedals loosened in fakies so he tightened them like a nutter

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

3/9/2011 5:40 PM

swalowMY cockachino wrote:

email primo about it im pretty sure they will warranty it

genesis wrote:

That's what I would do as well. They just send out replacement arms instead of repairing the old ones
They really should do something about the design that keeps failing

Verde. wrote:

i said that in my email i said this is blatantly a fuckin issue here, and noone seems to have a failsafe repair option. i love the cranks in every other aspect just not this. i just wanna put my new pedals on

Keep in mind, these are the failsafe repair. They're basically V3 GT Power Series cranks. They stopped making the OG ones because they failed. Primo then stole the design (hence the name PowerBite) and improved it by adding the rib on the back to make them stronger, but the pedal boss was stripping since the Aluminum was softer than the pedal spindle
They added the Pedal boss insert to prevent that from happening, but the insert is stronger than the arm and then strips
If they added a slot on the back of the insert like they have on race chainring bolts it would solve the problem. Or stake the insert like I mentioned before, but it would look sloppy.

|

3/9/2011 5:43 PM

genesis wrote:

Keep in mind, these are the failsafe repair. They're basically V3 GT Power Series cranks. They stopped making the OG ones because they failed. Primo then stole the design (hence the name PowerBite) and improved it by adding the rib on the back to make them stronger, but the pedal boss was stripping since the Aluminum was softer than the pedal spindle
They added the Pedal boss insert to prevent that from happening, but the insert is stronger than the arm and then strips
If they added a slot on the back of the insert like they have on race chainring bolts it would solve the problem. Or stake the insert like I mentioned before, but it would look sloppy.

if only they put practicallity before looks man, noone would see its on the back anyway. iv cracked out industrial strenth superglue and oil, iv got an idea

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

3/9/2011 6:48 PM

DUDE! great idea possibly. just weld the inserts so they'll never spin!?

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/9/2011 6:53 PM

Spenlard wrote:

DUDE! great idea possibly. just weld the inserts so they'll never spin!?

i actually thought about that, the only issue would be steel is very very hard, so it needs a special kind of welding, and aluminium is very soft, so it needs cooler welding. basically i got the pedal out so the stress is over....til next time. DUN DUN DUN

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

3/9/2011 8:12 PM

Spenlard wrote:

DUDE! great idea possibly. just weld the inserts so they'll never spin!?

Verde. wrote:

i actually thought about that, the only issue would be steel is very very hard, so it needs a special kind of welding, and aluminium is very soft, so it needs cooler welding. basically i got the pedal out so the stress is over....til next time. DUN DUN DUN

haha, dude i have like 3 welding things on my porch and thought of it when i took out the garbage

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert