hop Barspin stance help

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2015 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2015 6:09 PM

I can rocket manual barspin, and manual bar spin. but I keep finding myself In the wrong position to do them when i hop.
I understand the stance but I can't get there in a bunny-hop without hoping to low.
: /

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

1/20/2015 6:18 PM

I cant bar but I toss the b's , just kinda move your legs out of the way. I dont think about it but you just have to do it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/20/2015 6:20 PM

Your not going to have perfectly straight legs when you first learn. If your knees are by your seat, your good. Try them fly out, you have more time to set up before you throw. It's pull up, push out, then throw.

|

Ref: Mario.villegas90, Williambreathes

1/21/2015 6:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2015 7:06 AM

What the hell is a rocket manual!!!!!!
i think your talking about a dork wheelie

Anyways what hand are you throwing them with and what foot do you ride forward

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/21/2015 7:01 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Anyways what hand are you throwing them ...more

Foot on peg

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

1/21/2015 7:03 AM

Foot on the back peg manual.

Anyway, you want your front leg basically bent backwards, your rear leg doesn't matter as much aslong as its not in the way of anything and obviously behind your front leg, you want to have your chest or neck over your stem, and you definitely want to pinch your cranks and your seat if possible. Definitely a weird position but im sure once you get them dialed youll teach yourself to relax more when doing them.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/21/2015 8:04 AM

left foot forward, spin clockwise
thanks for the advice

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

1/21/2015 11:48 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Foot on the back peg manual.

Anyway, you want your front leg basically bent backwards, your rear leg doesn't matter as much ...more

That's a dork wheelie haha

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/27/2015 9:02 PM

Don't think of it to much. It's not that hard of a trick. Just hop (hopping as high as you can with still being able to straighten your legs helps a ton) straighten legs and lean your upper body foward and then throw (throwing em while you feel "weightless" helps alot as well) What really helped me the most was standing over my bike with my feet on the ground and spinning the bars a few times and then telling myself to do the exact same thing in the air because that's all it really is.

|

1/29/2015 12:36 AM

okay, i'm going to go a little in depth with this, and hopefully i help.

how i learned them is first i obviously got comfortable with basic hops.
you want to make sure you're high enough where the bars can do a full spin before you touch flat.
one thing i will note is that gripping your seat with your knees is helpful when youre first doing them, but you dont have to.
when i was learning them, i would hop and do a sort of do an x-up.
after a while i would take one hand off just to get familiar with how high i should be and when to throw them according to what was most comfortable to me.
after a while, i threw on shin guards like a bitch and started throwing them.
i personally prefer throwing them at the peak of my hop. i throw my bars really fast though.
some people prefer to throw them while theyre reaching the peak of their hop.
in the end, it's all about whats most comfortable to you.
i find hop 180 bars easier than basic hop bars, idfk why.

|

"Ride it like you stole it."

Refs: SuperstarDK, Gage191

1/29/2015 5:48 AM

Both feet on rear pegs manual is a rocket manual.
One foot on rear peg is dork manual.

But since so many kids only run pegs on one side maybe the names can be swapped. ?

|