how can I improve my hop

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2015 5:57 AM

|

4/3/2015 6:00 AM

Practice. Hop over stuff that has give (cardboard boxes etc) so if you clip it doesn't really cause issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/3/2015 6:20 AM

Build an adjustable bar to hop over

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/3/2015 6:25 AM

^This^

|

4/3/2015 6:29 AM

Is there anything wrong with my hop in the video?

|

4/3/2015 6:35 AM

Nope, nothing wrong with your hop. Just keep practicing and do what Blaaaa and Dave said.

|

4/3/2015 7:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2015 7:09 AM

Nice hop dude! Your form is better than mine that's for sure, my hops are the same height but mega sloppy looking and sometimes I lean too far back... lol Keep practicing though like hundreds of times, muscle memory and muscle recovery seems to be a key role in learning bmx basics. If you keep it up it will come to you, taller higher hops will feel more natural because your muscles have recovered and remembered what to do, allowing you supreme bike control...

Just curious, what size frame and bars you using?

|

4/3/2015 7:19 AM

For me. I try to hop onto higher and higher things. Side hop tend to be more easy to hop on high ledges or something

|

4/3/2015 8:23 AM

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

Nice hop dude! Your form is better than mine that's for sure, my hops are the same height but mega sloppy looking and ...more

Frame size - 20.8

Bars - 28.75 x 8.75

My height - 5'6.5"

|

4/3/2015 2:28 PM

My first year of riding where i took it seriously was mostly spent doing this for a couple hours everyday http://instagram.com/p/nybsNhOIvg/ that is an old clip and i can clear that by a few inches now. Just spend a lot of time trying to get higher and higher and it will build up the right muscles you need and you will get the technique perfect.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

4/3/2015 3:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2015 3:48 PM

solarsoundwave87 wrote:

Nice hop dude! Your form is better than mine that's for sure, my hops are the same height but mega sloppy looking and ...more

kaneBMX wrote:

Frame size - 20.8

Bars - 28.75 x 8.75

My height - 5'6.5"

Practice and don't get bigger bars than 8.75 rise higher bars lower hops, slam your seat and learn how to explode when you hop like you are doing squats or dead lifting

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

4/5/2015 9:39 PM

Your technique is fine. All you need is to muscle it more. You don't physically need more muscles, but in some cases, you kinda do. Just keep on trying to get higher and higher. Just know that the more you yank up on the front end, the more harder and quicker, you'll need to suck up the rear. And then don't forget to shift the bike back for landing.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke