how did you earn money and get parts when you were 14

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2017 11:20 PM

I know it's a bad topic but I'm honestly tired of people giving me shitty opinions to get money. I'm really in need of a new fork and both wheels-rims spokes and hub then maybe bars or cranks

|

9/12/2017 11:23 PM

Birthdays and Christmas

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/12/2017 11:27 PM

That sucks that Christmas and my birthday are 10 days apart

|

9/13/2017 1:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2017 1:07 AM

Cooked at Boston pizza since I was 14 to 17 , there's jobs out there to get if you have incentive and a good work ethic

|

9/13/2017 4:33 AM

Paper route.

|

9/13/2017 5:21 AM

I would wash my parents cars and I would work for my dad... but yeah also I'd get money for my birthday and Christmas.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/13/2017 6:43 AM

Birthday and Christmas for bigger parts. Chores and odd jobs for anything else

|

9/13/2017 11:36 AM

Mow lawns in the summer and shovel snow/put up christmas lights in the winter. Paper route. Convince your parents to buy you bike parts for your paper route so you can make money to pay them back. Maybe wash cars in the summer too.

|

9/13/2017 3:37 PM

mowed lawns; shoveled snow; did odd cleaning or lifting jobs for older people in the neighborhood...I was also into low-key sports card collecting and selling/trading...still am to this day, but it doesn't make me any money...not like back in the 70's/80's

I actually got a lot of bike stuff back then by working in a bike store. I would clean up at the end of the night; stock shelves; put tags on new bikes; deliver repaired bikes to their owners; pick up bikes that needed repaired.. Did all of this in exchange for parts, stickers, magazines. Learned a lot about wrenching, the local bike culture, working in a small business. Basically my friends and I would just hang out in the shop, sort of pestering the owner - who was an older guy - and I think he would give us odd jobs to keep us out of his hair.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/13/2017 4:37 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

Mine is three days. Lol.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

9/13/2017 7:11 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

I feel your pain.

15 days for me.

Rake leaves, mow lawns, walk dogs, do odd jobs like clean gutters etc. Babysit. Learn a craft and sell it (woodworking, woodburning, painting etc). If you can find work washing dishes etc somewhere, DO IT, and be good at it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/13/2017 7:49 PM

Just get a job at a fast food restaurant. Most place will hire just about anyone.

|

9/14/2017 9:41 AM

Joe Breslin wrote:

Just about got away from the xmas and birthday present combined. 24 days

|

An Indian on a small bike

9/15/2017 7:46 AM

buying/selling shit online is pretty good,
When I was 14 I got a job at a ghetto pet store in my town, cleaning animal shit and stocking shelves for 7$/hour. Look for a mom and pop store, they will be able to hire you under the table, most places will need you to be 16 I think.

|

9/15/2017 6:29 PM

Joe Breslin wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I feel your pain.

15 days for me.

Rake leaves, mow lawns, walk dogs, do odd jobs like clean gutters etc. Babysit. Learn a craft and sell it (woodworking, woodburning, painting etc). If you can find work washing dishes etc somewhere, DO IT, and be good at it.

my first "real" job was a dishwasher, and I did love it. I could work at my own pace. No one bothered me. I usually could listen to the radio. No stress job. I eventually went over to prep cooking and then became kitchen manager. that was all cool too. I learned how to cook for real

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/16/2017 6:45 AM

Get a job. You're 14. I worked at Mcdonalds when I was 14. It's not hard.

|

9/16/2017 9:41 AM

I've been working since I was 6 or 7 years old. I worked in my grandparents custom furniture shop for years and then got my first legit job at 14 at a local grocery shop. And then continued on to where I'm at now. It's simple, work!

|

9/16/2017 4:13 PM

I was pulling chokers & trimming (logging) when i was 14/15... Most of my friends didn't work & the ones who did made min wage ($3.35hr!) I got paid by the load so on a good day made $75.... By summers end i had a mint 1984 YZ125 & a brand new Skyway Streetbeat!.... I actually kept logging until well into my 20s, it put my wife thru college & bought our 1st home!

|