how do i stop girps from riding in

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2015 12:20 PM

I usually adjust my grips with axe spray when they ride in but honestly they slide in every 2 sessions and it pisses me off. This time i used water but idk if it'll work bc i am getting slight throttle grip. How can i keep this shit locked tight without grip glue LOL

|

13 years old

6/13/2015 12:35 PM

Meh

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

6/13/2015 12:38 PM

its funny cause i always just used dish soap and some water and its fine

|

6/13/2015 12:40 PM

Not joking, try spray paint. They slide in easy and stick awesomely when dry.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

6/13/2015 1:06 PM

Clean your bars well so that there's no dust ot dirt between the grips and bars causing it to slide.

|

6/13/2015 1:16 PM

Hair spray.

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

6/13/2015 2:11 PM

BMXism wrote:

Not joking, try spray paint. They slide in easy and stick awesomely when dry.

I can confirm this

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/13/2015 2:19 PM

Air compressor method and clean ass bars.

|

6/13/2015 2:59 PM

I use rubbing alcohol. Slide in perfectly and
dries up quick.

|

6/13/2015 7:46 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Air compressor method and clean ass bars.

This

|

It’s all bmx

6/13/2015 10:19 PM

Hair spray is great, but slips off when it rains (so if you are in the street and it starts raining, go somewhere dry or your grips will fall off and you will find yourself with your ass on the pavement).

Spray paint works super great but it can be a real pain to take it off, and if you have chrome bars, you have a chrome problem.

The best method is to use good ol' water and a bit of soap.

Just take your grips off, and give them a good inside wash. Same for the bars. Just make the contact area as clean as possible. So clean you could eat off it.

Try microvaving your grips for a few seconds. Interesting to see what happens.

When your grips are hot to the touch (not warm, HOT), put a few drops of water on your bars. Make it wet. Wet the inside of your grip too. Then, slide the thing in as fast as you can and as good as you can. It’s better to do this after your session and when you store your bike for the day. Go to sleep, and watch all the edits there are to watch on youtube.

The next day, if the throttle grip persists, put your bike in the sun. Cover it and just expose the grips. In a few hours (or minutes, it depends on the sun), the throttle thing will go away.

Then, take an icecream, stick it in your ass, and go ride !

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

6/14/2015 8:35 AM

I've put a small piece of electrical tape around the bars and slid the grips over it works.

|

6/14/2015 12:11 PM

Odi lock on grips best grips ever

|

6/14/2015 1:37 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Odi lock on grips best grips ever

This and also the hairspray trick always worked for me

|

fawk, i'm old

6/14/2015 1:58 PM

i bet your grips are some old odi's that are now super crusty

get some new grips and i bet it'll stop slipping

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

6/14/2015 6:16 PM

Hey, old grips stick like wax on a hot day.

Dood, get some new grips if yours are super old. Then use the techniques described above, then you will ride trouble free, man.

|

6/14/2015 7:46 PM

Spray paint. Seriously. Hairspray is a joke

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

6/14/2015 7:54 PM

I use hooker spit. The AIDS is bad but the throttle is worse. It's really more of a statement than anything.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/15/2015 6:06 AM

bloghogs wrote:

Hair spray.

This.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/15/2015 6:33 AM

Hairspray works great.

But hairspray does not come free.

Water does.

What is cheaper?

|

6/15/2015 6:45 AM

Those little rubbing alchohal pads in like first aid kits you just rub some on ure bars put the grips on and let the alcohol evaporate then its metal to rubber works every time for me

|

6/15/2015 7:35 AM

I hate my grips moving at all. Like even the little unperceivable twist that results in the grip pattern not lining up drives me insane.

So last time I bought grips, I spent the $2 and got ODI grip glue. It works great. my grips don't move at all.

However, I kinda think it's just rubber cement.

|

6/15/2015 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2015 8:19 AM

Skylight wrote:

Hairspray works great.

But hairspray does not come free.

Water does.

What is cheaper?

Hairspray dries tacky.

Water does not.

Water under grips in my experience causes throttle grip.

Rubbing alcohol works well too.

And let's be honest, many of us have a family member who uses hairspray. Or if you don't, spending 2 bucks on a cheap can that lasts 5+ years of grip installs is not a big deal.

Really anything that dries tacky, if it has alcohol it will dry pretty fast.
I have also used longer zipties to slide the grip on the bar (totally dry) and then when the grip is in place I remove the zip ties.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/15/2015 4:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2015 4:58 PM

my grips are slipping i did hairspray never dried kept throttling, i ended up covering my bars in liquid automotive gasket and just slid my grips on my brand new bsd bars

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/16/2015 5:29 AM

It's not like they don't make something literally just for this problem..
Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/16/2015 6:12 AM

The Zip tie trick is easy to do and everyone always has zip ties lying around. Google it, its the only was I put my grips on now and I have zero issues.

|

6/16/2015 8:45 PM

Anchorsaweigh wrote:

The Zip tie trick is easy to do and everyone always has zip ties lying around. Google it, its the only was I put my grips on ...more

I use the same technique with 4-5 spokes. It's flawless.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/16/2015 11:37 PM

Run brakes.

|

6/17/2015 7:53 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Run brakes.

This also works tongue

But yea, the op using axe body spray must get all the girls too! His bike smells like swag.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/17/2015 8:16 AM

Clean bars then rough end ov bars wiv bit ov sandpaper then spray aftershave on it worked 4me

|