how do you fakie straight?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2013 8:41 PM

I cannot figure it out i 180 right but when i land i always have to turn and roll out...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/27/2013 8:48 PM

Land with your bars straight.

|

9/27/2013 9:03 PM

if you are not already doing this, try leaning back a bit more, but just enough to get your arms somewhat straight while still being able to have leverage for when you need to roll out...

for some people, but for me it's both, try backpedaling (if you have a cassette............. obviously) at a different speed from what you do now, so if you back pedal slowly do it fast, if you back pedal fast, do it slowly...

this really is a question you shouldn't ask people, BUT what i am trying to say is, "play around" with your fakies, and there is one way i do know that can sometimes, for some people make the learning process a bit easier, is to try fakies WITHOUT the 180... how you would do this of course? ride on a transition, like a quarter, something with a curve, not just a flat slope like a bank, using a quarter to dial in fakies could help with focusing on the fakie before the 180, because even i have trouble with fakies in 180's sometimes

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

9/27/2013 9:05 PM

Straighten your arms.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/27/2013 10:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2013 10:27 PM

Practice a lot
When I was learning how to fakie, the way I found that helped the most was rolling back off a good sized quarter

|

9/27/2013 10:31 PM

Are you asking how to FAKIE like pedal backwards without sliding back to normal?

When you 180 , typically you want to slide out of a fakie pretty quick. If you want to fakie and keep going backwards , just practise and try to be over your bike instead of leaning backwards. Pretty much ; Lean back = slide out.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/28/2013 11:11 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

Practice a lot
When I was learning how to fakie, the way I found that helped the most was rolling back off a good sized quarter

This, just practice pushing off of a random curb or something. I used to be better at fakies but then when I would do 180s I would immediately roll out of it so now I can't fakie for that long anymore.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/28/2013 5:04 PM

keep your chin up and look straight backwards to where you where coming from then you will fakie straight

|