how long did it take you to bunnyhop?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2013 3:49 PM

iv been trying to bunny hop for a year now and still cant, im a girl so its a little harder because of the fact that i have barley any upper body strength i have gotten really strong legs from riding everywhere though. Any one have any ideas on what i could try or how you learned how? Ive looked at hundreds of videos on how to do it but i just cant get it down.

|

4/23/2013 3:52 PM

It took me pretty long to do it, then one day it just happened. I would say to maybe try picking up your front end a lot like manuals or something along those lines, then work into pulling up then and getting your back up at the same time. or try two tire bunnyhops(both wheels leaving the ground at the same time)

|

Street Life/Park Life

It's not about what you ride, it's about how you ride it.

4/23/2013 3:53 PM

I would suggest learning how to manual first that's how I learned and from there you just pull the back up with your legs, there's probably better ways to learn though

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/23/2013 3:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2013 4:04 PM

You don't have to be that strong to pull up the front end. Practice just pulling up without hopping. Like others said doing manuals may help.

took me a day to hop up a curb, a week to get up on small benches, couple months to get onto a lunch table, and now years later I can clear one. Everyone learns at different speeds. Have patience.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/23/2013 4:02 PM

I got them in one day actually.
Just load, pull up and push your bars forward while tucking your legs, unfortunately BMX requires some muscle so that may be an issue, but nothing serious to stop your from riding.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/23/2013 4:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/23/2013 4:10 PM

Took me a while lol, but that was for stem-bar height hops. I learned how to do like 1-2 foot hops in a week or so perfectly once I got the motion down. You don't need a ton of muscle, I'm not muscular at all really. Good luck, keep trying!

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/23/2013 4:11 PM

It took me like a day or so. i just got used to rolling off curbs and jumping little jumps (getting the hang of pulling your legs up) you'll get it sooner or later just keep trying.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/23/2013 6:47 PM

When I go for dem big hop, I....
1. Crunch my knees all up nice and tight to get some of dah potential enarjay
2.Pull that sucker(Bars) up to my chest while angling myself with the bike to be as close to vertical as possible
3. Din jump up, suck up dem knees and shove them handiebars way out

|

Anderson IN

4/23/2013 6:50 PM

A month. Im still trying to get em high

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

4/23/2013 6:56 PM

It's about the only thing I have on lock. Sucks when you can do a trick one day and then not be able to do it the next.

|

Anderson IN

4/23/2013 7:00 PM

luckley you're a girl, if you were a guy you would be off of here and crying from the comments silly good to see a girl riding!

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/23/2013 7:05 PM

I learned in probably a couple of days. Just crouch down and when you jump up pull the bars into your chest, scoop your feet up, and push the bars out

|

4/23/2013 7:15 PM

For as long as I can remember I've been able to bunnyhop.. I'd ride my mongoose down to my one friend's house before I actually rode bmx and one day I guess I started just bunnyhopping up his curb to get to his front door.. never really thought anything of it.

Just do what everyone else said and practice that, another way I tried teaching people is to lean forward and get your back end off the ground to get the feel of that first, then once you got that, ride towards a curb slowly and pull up onto the curb, and as your back tire is about to hit the curb, lean forward like I said to learn how to do, and you'll get yourself onto the curb. Not a bunnyhop, but will help with the technique

|

4/23/2013 7:16 PM

a few days

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/23/2013 7:16 PM

tito24 wrote:

luckley you're a girl, if you were a guy you would be off of here and crying from the comments silly good to see a girl riding!

I just noticed that.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149