how many spacers do you need behind a sprocket?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2013 7:19 AM

i need to know

|

6/23/2013 7:24 AM

Depends on how many you need.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

6/23/2013 8:10 AM

I only have 1, but idk it depends on your hub and shit

|

6/23/2013 9:48 AM

it depends on your spindle.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/23/2013 10:38 AM

it depends on your retard level

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

6/23/2013 4:52 PM

All depends on how you want to set up your chain line.

You want to have your wheel set up in the dropouts and then line your sprocket up so your chain runs straight

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/23/2013 5:34 PM

It depends on how close the crank comes to the chainstays.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

6/23/2013 7:50 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

It depends on how close the crank comes to the chainstays.

This. Depends on nothing other than this. A perfect chain line doesn't mean shit if your crank hits your chainstay.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/23/2013 10:18 PM

Depends on your rear hub and BB. Joytech hubs (Odyssey V3, MacNeil, Demo, lots of others) have the centre of their teeth 42mm from the centre line. The Ratchet/Antigram are 43.5mm from the centre. You need to place the sprocket at the same distance from the centreline. You'll have to measure how wide your BB is.

Eyesight alone isn't good indicator of a decent chain line

Say the BB is 68mm. Thats 34mm from centre to edge of BB shell. Say you have a 5mm thick sprocket with centred teeth and a Joytech hub.

42 - 34 = 8mm

8 - 2.5 (half of sprocket thickness) = 5.5mm

You'll need 5.5mm of spacers in this particular set up. You can be out by a mm or so before any issue, so some may think that eyesight alone is accurate, but I have seen errors in excess of 5mm using eyesight alone, which is definitely too much

|

6/23/2013 10:23 PM

jawn wrote:

Depends on your rear hub and BB. Joytech hubs (Odyssey V3, MacNeil, Demo, lots of others) have the centre of their teeth 42mm from the centre line. The Ratchet/Antigram are 43.5mm from the centre. You need to place the sprocket at the same distance from the centreline. You'll have to measure how wide your BB is.

Eyesight alone isn't good indicator of a decent chain line

Say the BB is 68mm. Thats 34mm from centre to edge of BB shell. Say you have a 5mm thick sprocket with centred teeth and a Joytech hub.

42 - 34 = 8mm

8 - 2.5 (half of sprocket thickness) = 5.5mm

You'll need 5.5mm of spacers in this particular set up. You can be out by a mm or so before any issue, so some may think that eyesight alone is accurate, but I have seen errors in excess of 5mm using eyesight alone, which is definitely too much

My chain line is way off, but I can't get it any better because my crank is almost hitting my chainstay.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital