how much can 3/8 axles (rear) handle?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2010 5:09 PM

not gonna grind or anything with it just need to know how much it can handle without snapping like how big drops/stairs. its hollow btw

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:10 PM

man I bent my front from grinding and its solid. I wouldnt recomend it, usually used for racing.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

1/24/2010 5:11 PM

shld hold up fine if you dont grind

|

1/24/2010 5:11 PM

stick with 14mm rear

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

1/24/2010 5:11 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

man I bent my front from grinding and its solid. I wouldnt recomend it, usually used for racing.

too late i bought it a while ago just didn't ride it yet. and im not grinding on it, cuz i know that will fuck it up

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:13 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

man I bent my front from grinding and its solid. I wouldnt recomend it, usually used for racing.

Harry95 wrote:

too late i bought it a while ago just didn't ride it yet. and im not grinding on it, cuz i know that will fuck it up

what hub?
my buddy has female 3/8th axels in the rear

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

1/24/2010 5:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2010 5:14 PM

sunday color. wrote:

stick with 14mm rear

i would have but i got the odyssey race cassette cuz im pooorrr and i needed a 12t but then i noticed i could have just gotten a freewheel hub 13t for like $30 but i didn't notice it before.

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:14 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

man I bent my front from grinding and its solid. I wouldnt recomend it, usually used for racing.

Harry95 wrote:

too late i bought it a while ago just didn't ride it yet. and im not grinding on it, cuz i know that will fuck it up

sunday color. wrote:

what hub?
my buddy has female 3/8th axels in the rear

odyssey

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:39 PM

help meeeeee

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:42 PM

i rode one and it help up decent and im a fat ass so

|

VITALS OFFICAL FAT ASS ]
RIP WILL,ERIC,BRIAN,JIMMY

1/24/2010 5:46 PM

BLACKBURN wrote:

i rode one and it help up decent and im a fat ass so

how big of drops or how many stairs did it hold up to?

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2010 5:48 PM

send me it, i'll jump stairs till it breaks.

edit: i spelled jump wrong. haha.

|

1/24/2010 5:49 PM

Kenealy wrote:

send me it, i'll jump stairs till it breaks.

edit: i spelled jump wrong. haha.

nahhh. and it wouldn't fit on your bike its laced to a 24" rim

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:50 PM

get the metal screw on 3/8 to 14 mm adapter grinded on some till i got a 14mm front should be fine for jumping with the adapters

|

Refs. Harry 95/ BLRBMX/ WTP 4 ever/C@RT3R

1/24/2010 5:53 PM

JECBMX wrote:

get the metal screw on 3/8 to 14 mm adapter grinded on some till i got a 14mm front should be fine for jumping with the adapters

i have adaptors, there not the thread on ones tho. theres no point in that.

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 5:58 PM

JECBMX wrote:

get the metal screw on 3/8 to 14 mm adapter grinded on some till i got a 14mm front should be fine for jumping with the adapters

Harry95 wrote:

i have adaptors, there not the thread on ones tho. theres no point in that.

yea it goes in be hind the drop out it is stronger

|

Refs. Harry 95/ BLRBMX/ WTP 4 ever/C@RT3R

1/24/2010 6:00 PM

it'll handle a shitload
it wont last forever, but it'll last however hard you ride
i dont think you'll have problems, cameron wood rides 3/8ths back

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

1/24/2010 6:09 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

it'll handle a shitload
it wont last forever, but it'll last however hard you ride
i dont think you'll have problems, cameron wood rides 3/8ths back

oookkk and i just saw that replacement axles for it are like $13 so thats not too bad.

and i think mike spinner runs 3/8s rear too

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 6:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:31 AM

Ressler711 wrote:

it'll handle a shitload
it wont last forever, but it'll last however hard you ride
i dont think you'll have problems, cameron wood rides 3/8ths back

yeah i was just about to point out that cameron wood rides it. good call dude.






watch that and tell me if your gonna be doing that type of stuff. if not, 3/8ths is fine.

|

Vital's Official New Mod!


FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

1/24/2010 6:17 PM

hmm they should work out then

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

1/24/2010 6:18 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

it'll handle a shitload
it wont last forever, but it'll last however hard you ride
i dont think you'll have problems, cameron wood rides 3/8ths back

abod wrote:

yeah i was just about to point out that cameron wood rides it. good call dude.






watch that and tell me if your gonna be doing that type of stuff. if not, 3/8ths is fine.

doing that x10 lol

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 6:35 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

it'll handle a shitload
it wont last forever, but it'll last however hard you ride
i dont think you'll have problems, cameron wood rides 3/8ths back

abod wrote:

yeah i was just about to point out that cameron wood rides it. good call dude.






watch that and tell me if your gonna be doing that type of stuff. if not, 3/8ths is fine.

Harry95 wrote:

doing that x10 lol

that is the craziest dude ever

|

Refs. Harry 95/ BLRBMX/ WTP 4 ever/C@RT3R

1/24/2010 6:37 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

it'll handle a shitload
it wont last forever, but it'll last however hard you ride
i dont think you'll have problems, cameron wood rides 3/8ths back

abod wrote:

yeah i was just about to point out that cameron wood rides it. good call dude.






watch that and tell me if your gonna be doing that type of stuff. if not, 3/8ths is fine.

Harry95 wrote:

doing that x10 lol

can you even bunny hop?

|

Vital's Official New Mod!


FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

1/24/2010 6:40 PM

abod wrote:

yeah i was just about to point out that cameron wood rides it. good call dude.






watch that and tell me if your gonna be doing that type of stuff. if not, 3/8ths is fine.

Harry95 wrote:

doing that x10 lol

abod wrote:

can you even bunny hop?

yeah...

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 6:50 PM

Harry95 wrote:

doing that x10 lol

abod wrote:

can you even bunny hop?

Harry95 wrote:

yeah...

you sure? do you have any pics or vids of you riding?

im starting to get real curious about the regulars on here. after i saw some kid from here at the skatepark and all he did was sit there, it makes me kind of pissed off that i think some people are legit when they clearly arent.

|

Vital's Official New Mod!


FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

1/24/2010 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 12:31 AM

in Jim C's latest bike check he talks about how he has been riding a 3/8's rear for a year now with no issues and he grinds. I'm switching to a 3/8's rear because someone gave me an aluminum axle for the ratchet hub, I'm guessing I'll have no issues with it.


Link

|

1/24/2010 6:54 PM

abod wrote:

can you even bunny hop?

Harry95 wrote:

yeah...

abod wrote:

you sure? do you have any pics or vids of you riding?

im starting to get real curious about the regulars on here. after i saw some kid from here at the skatepark and all he did was sit there, it makes me kind of pissed off that i think some people are legit when they clearly arent.

im working on a video now kindof, but its kindof shitty cuz im not really good. but i don't completely suck, i just don't try super hard to progress and be the best. i just enjoy doing what i can and learning new stuff slowly. haha this probly doesn't make any sense

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 7:21 PM

Harry95 wrote:

yeah...

abod wrote:

you sure? do you have any pics or vids of you riding?

im starting to get real curious about the regulars on here. after i saw some kid from here at the skatepark and all he did was sit there, it makes me kind of pissed off that i think some people are legit when they clearly arent.

Harry95 wrote:

im working on a video now kindof, but its kindof shitty cuz im not really good. but i don't completely suck, i just don't try super hard to progress and be the best. i just enjoy doing what i can and learning new stuff slowly. haha this probly doesn't make any sense

okay. as long as you ride a bike. sunday color, i dont even think that kid rides.

|

Vital's Official New Mod!


FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!

1/24/2010 7:25 PM

abod wrote:

you sure? do you have any pics or vids of you riding?

im starting to get real curious about the regulars on here. after i saw some kid from here at the skatepark and all he did was sit there, it makes me kind of pissed off that i think some people are legit when they clearly arent.

Harry95 wrote:

im working on a video now kindof, but its kindof shitty cuz im not really good. but i don't completely suck, i just don't try super hard to progress and be the best. i just enjoy doing what i can and learning new stuff slowly. haha this probly doesn't make any sense

abod wrote:

okay. as long as you ride a bike. sunday color, i dont even think that kid rides.

haha if you wanted some pics i have some shitty old ones on my facebook. they suck tho but its proof i ride and can bunnyhop

http://www.facebook.com/crackersaurus?ref=profile

|

crystal meth

1/24/2010 7:38 PM

why dont you wanna ride woodward philly?

|

Vital's Official New Mod!


FOR SALE MUST CLICK!!!