how much psi am i running

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2013 3:39 PM

i pumped up my tires they are almost rock solid i use the pressure psi stick and its reading 19 at the psi part and 125 on the kPa part i know im not running 15 psi cause thats to low and the tires are premium refuse resist tires help?

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

7/8/2013 3:42 PM

Idk but I wouldn't run em rock solid...easier to pop your tube bro

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/8/2013 3:43 PM

Go to Napa and get a 120 psi gauge for $5

|

7/8/2013 3:46 PM

mitch.forrest.73 wrote:

Go to Napa and get a 120 psi gauge for $5

i got one already the psi part goes up to 50 psi.. and the kpa part goes up to 325...

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

7/8/2013 3:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2013 3:47 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

yea ik their not extremely rock solid and depends on the tube u got if ugot walmart tubes ur fucked haha

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

7/8/2013 4:01 PM

3 and a half.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/8/2013 4:02 PM

65 to 70 PSI is where you want to be. Honestly i have no idea how anyone thinks they are really soft. They are fucking rock solid at 70 PSI, Fuck knows how anyone runs 110 PSI!!

|

7/8/2013 4:34 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

iVerderider wrote:

yea ik their not extremely rock solid and depends on the tube u got if ugot walmart tubes ur fucked haha

I ride walmart tubes...lol only had 2 tubes pop...first one tire was bald and I ran over glass like a dumbass second was bein dumb railrode a curb back tire slipped off and caught something sharp,take that back 3 times tried to nosemanual down a curb and my back end hit a crack hard and popped...had to walk my back allllll the way back to my house

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/8/2013 5:39 PM

Topsey wrote:

65 to 70 PSI is where you want to be. Honestly i have no idea how anyone thinks they are really soft. They are fucking rock solid at 70 PSI, Fuck knows how anyone runs 110 PSI!!

I've always ran my tires at 60 - 70 psi.

I tried 110 once and got a puncture the next day, it was so sore too.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/8/2013 6:36 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

iVerderider wrote:

I run whatever tube I can get. They are all made by the same couple of companies, and rebadged. Same quality for similar priced basic tubes.

And just so you know, I run 100-110 PSI, and I weigh like 240. Tubes are tubes, that's all there really is to it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2013 7:33 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

Actually the exact opposite. More pressure = less chance of pinch flats. Also all tubes are the same.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/8/2013 7:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I run whatever tube I can get. They are all made by the same couple of companies, and rebadged. Same quality for similar priced basic tubes.

And just so you know, I run 100-110 PSI, and I weigh like 240. Tubes are tubes, that's all there really is to it.

This, only I'm 260, haha. Much less than 80, and my Aitken starts feeling squishy.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/8/2013 9:33 PM

I run my tires at 75 PSI at least, least is 70 and that already feels way too soft. 90 PSI is the max. When I first started, I ran 115 PSI literally just cause I thought it felt "nice". Little did I know, one summer, it was over 100 degrees and I had not watched my gauge and the sidewall blew and I had a slime tube. Slime went everywhere and I woke up from a sleep cause it was THAT loud. Learned my lesson and it honestly feels like crap to be riding on rock hard tires.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/8/2013 9:47 PM

@ OP- since they're not extremely hard you're probably running 75-80 if i had to guess, 110 is fucking hard. I used to get nervous when pumping mine up that high.

Lately i've been sticking to 45. It's low but i haven't had any problems with pinch flats yet so I'm going to leave it here until i do. Really like the grippy and cushy feeling of lower PSI.

|

7/8/2013 10:07 PM

Dude you can't be serious. Are you that fucking dense? Just get a new gauge. Or better yet, just air up your tires and go ride. Don't worry about psi

|

It’s all bmx

7/9/2013 3:48 AM

Same problem with me, i broke my gauge, pump them up and ride and if it doesn't feel right then add more air.

|