how to bulid a bunnyhop height bar

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2011 5:30 PM

im looking for any plans on how to build a good bunnyhop height bar or any ideas how to build one thanks for the help

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

2/22/2011 5:32 PM

pvc

|

dk.demolition.diaster.

2/22/2011 5:34 PM

limbo setup?

|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

2/22/2011 5:44 PM

i hope you get this picture

[LINK TO IMAGE]

maybe instead of the metersticks, just 2 2X4s and put marks every 1 inch up them, and put nails in the 2X4's every inch up to hold the height bar

|

2/22/2011 6:13 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

basically you jump over the wood and however tall the legs are marks the height.
|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/22/2011 6:15 PM

LOL^

|

2/22/2011 8:27 PM

a local comany made this and posted it on facebook earlier today.. ironic.

Build your own Bunnyhop Bar from PlusSizeBMX on Vimeo.

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

2/22/2011 8:59 PM

Save time and just stack bricks!

|

2/22/2011 9:03 PM

cupovjoe wrote: [LINK TO IMAGE]

basically you jump over the wood and however tall the legs are marks the height.

lmao

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

2/22/2011 9:13 PM

Looks like me from the waist down.

|

2/22/2011 9:25 PM

tinks wrote:

Looks like me from the waist down.

ROFL tongue

I died laughing

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

2/23/2011 4:11 AM

gstring02 wrote:

a local comany made this and posted it on facebook earlier today.. ironic.

Build your own Bunnyhop Bar from PlusSizeBMX on Vimeo.

Wow, beats my shitty one out of bricks and a stick sad

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/23/2011 8:45 AM

this is retarded.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

2/23/2011 9:46 AM

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

this is retarded.

your retarded. newfag.

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

2/23/2011 9:58 AM

|

9/10/2015 8:57 AM

I know I'm bumping something very old, but easier than making own thread... why would the prior poster^ make it as a single unit, instead of as two separate 'legs' to hold the bar? Am going to build one myself this afternoon, my idea's basically the same just 2 pieces instead of 1 large 'U' piece, will be much easier to store it.

|

9/10/2015 11:23 AM

1 unit is a bit more sturdy than 2 pieces, unless you put each leg on a a bigger base like this....then it's a wash. For the bar, use 1/2" PVC, but then slide a same-length piece of 1/2" rebar into it and cap the end = less sag. Finish nails have no head to catch the bar on, so it'll slide off easier when it's hit.

Photo

|

9/10/2015 2:02 PM

I built mine outta PVC piping with screws every 2 inches. I'll upload pics later. It didn't cost me anything, since I found a bunch of the stuff in my backyard.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

9/12/2015 9:11 PM

mlsthmpsn- thanks that's helpful, even the pic (got as collection now - I still haven't built it, was offered a job i couldn't turn down) Hopefully tomorrow

Shortdude - Yeah I have some pvc, a bunch of 1X3 to 1X4" planks, all several feet, so think I'll just make an "H" with two poles coming up (pvc or wood, unsure yet but based on available materials), make sure the nails are at appropriate(and labelled) heights and angle at like 91degrees, then let the fun begin!

To anyone who's had or used one consistently for any real periods of time- did you notice it making a solid difference? I've heard it from a few people now, that having and really utilizing this is a god-send for making real substantial improvements, and, hell, the hop is the foundation of almost everything! Am stoked to do 'bunnyhop drills' in my driveway a couple weeks, even tracking progress since the setup will be labelled

|

9/13/2015 4:42 AM

I've been cleaning up my garage and shop lately... Way, way overdue! I have lots of scrap wood, maybe I'll throw one together too.

I'm going to build an 8' box or two and maybe weld up a rail of some sort....just need some time and more room to work.

|

9/13/2015 4:43 AM

Oh, and congrats on the new job.

|

9/13/2015 9:36 PM

I literally stacked cardboard boxes and hopped over them adding a box each time . You can get big boxes then add like pizza boxes for smaller height when you're about maxed . If you case it , they just fall over and if you land on them it's just cardboard and it's literally free and convient. Before I could 360 I could hop like stem- bar height but now I can't LOL

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/15/2015 6:38 AM

I threw this together last night in about 1.5 hour. I had to first take apart another project that my wife no longer needed...but everything was just laying around the garage (which is a fucking mess, so ignore the background...I'm working on cleaning it up before winter!)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

9/15/2015 6:49 AM

I might have to build one now, being afraid to hop on 2 foot tall stuff because you don't know if you can still do it sucks.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/15/2015 7:03 AM

Kokxxy wrote:

I might have to build one now, being afraid to hop on 2 foot tall stuff because you don't know if you can still do it sucks.

Mine starts at 12" (I accounted for the thickness of the base and the pvc bar) and goes up to 44"....we'll see if that ever gets tested! I have room to go up to 49" probably, but figured 44" was more than enough.

|

9/15/2015 8:34 AM

Kokxxy wrote:

Try getting old.

Back in the day on a 45 lb bike I was hopping bar height consistently.

Now I am LUCKY to hit stem.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/15/2015 9:01 AM

I'm 33 and just getting back on a bmx, doubt I will do much over 30" anymore.

|

9/17/2015 1:28 PM

mlsthmpsn wrote:

I've been cleaning up my garage and shop lately... Way, way overdue! I have lots of scrap wood, maybe I'll throw one together too.

I'm going to build an 8' box or two and maybe weld up a rail of some sort....just need some time and more room to work.

I was going to build a box, started a thread on reddit and was told not even to bother if I wasn't gonna do at least 10' long, which makes sense now that I think about it..
Re the job, thanks but that was a 1-time thing, but it paid well! Luckily my main work is picking back up as my boss is back from vaca, but with my achille's all f'd up I'm still putting in wayy less time than should be :\

|

9/17/2015 1:30 PM

Kokxxy wrote:

LOL yeah amen! I spent a lot of time on feebles and trying to learn manuals, my hop went to shit! I never actually got to this the other day, so /u/mlsthmpsn thanks for those pics, that's exactly what I had in mind hopefully I can do so this eve!

|

9/17/2015 1:31 PM

mlsthmpsn wrote:

I'm 33 and just getting back on a bmx, doubt I will do much over 30" anymore.

lol I'm within a year of you, I know the feeling alllll too well!!

|