how to get someone else hyped on riding

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2019 11:37 AM

i have a friend a almost never has motivation to ride but usually when we go out in the front and he tries some half cabs he will get hyped and want to go ride and all he talks about that night is riding. but then the next morning he doesn't have the motivation. and the few times i can get him to go its just a lame session and hes not hyped at all. i don't have anyone else to ride with and he sends hard as fuck and when he applies himself he does some cool shit.

|

8/19/2019 11:56 AM

You can't really force anything, if he wants to ride, he will. If not, he won't. My small group seems to always stay hyped in sessions with high-5's, fistbumps, and filming each other.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/19/2019 12:08 PM

I feel completely unmotivated recently due to work making me tired (and 99% of the riding I see now is boring). Maybe he’s tired? Maybe he’s suffering depression? There could be plenty of reasons he’s not often in the mood to ride.
You can suggest things, like eating better or going to bed earlier to give him more energy, but you can’t make him ride.

|

8/19/2019 12:36 PM

Make youtube vids and send him the links. Maybe he will want to get involved.

|

8/19/2019 2:23 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I feel completely unmotivated recently due to work making me tired (and 99% of the riding I see now is boring). Maybe he’s tired? Maybe he’s suffering depression? There could be plenty of reasons he’s not often in the mood to ride.
You can suggest things, like eating better or going to bed earlier to give him more energy, but you can’t make him ride.

he's definitely depressed. i am too and i understand that but i'm just trying to get him out and doing things. i know that helps me

|

8/19/2019 2:38 PM

lie to him, see oh man last time i was street riding this hot piece of ass walked by. depression is hard to beat, its usually why i don't go riding

|

8/19/2019 4:06 PM

standardbmx14mm wrote:

lie to him, see oh man last time i was street riding this hot piece of ass walked by. depression is hard to beat, its usually why i don't go riding

lol i would try that but hes already taken

|

8/19/2019 8:47 PM

Go to new places maybe?

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

8/19/2019 11:36 PM

milozhinzbmx wrote:

he's definitely depressed. i am too and i understand that but i'm just trying to get him out and doing things. i know that helps me

Are we talking real deal depression here? If that's the case, a doctor should be the go-to, not a BMX.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/20/2019 6:33 AM

standardbmx14mm wrote:

same

|

It’s all bmx

8/20/2019 6:30 PM

Well for me it took a divorce to get me motivated to get on a bmx again after 34 years . We went on vacations , did what marry couple and family supposed to do then bam , she filed for divorce.
Worked worked and worked alll for this. I was depressed for a year but with my 18 and 12 year olds I had to get and be better. When my daughter saw a pic of me at my moms house on bmx she said I want a bike like that... when we go riding I feel so fucken Gooooood. Fuck going and getting therapy and meds.... ride a bike👍 Of course sleeping more which I lacked, cause of work, less beer and meats 😡 and eat more veggies and fruits and some exercise helps too.
Hope your friend gets out of that shell .

|