how to lace a primo n4fl hub

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2013 6:17 PM

I need help lacing a primo n4fl hub I can't find any detailed tutorials....i found a couple but it's hard to understand someone HELP!!!!

|

11/5/2013 7:22 PM

did you try youtube. other than that i think you have to take the hub apart to lace it.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/6/2013 7:50 AM

You take the center axle out and put the spokes through the holes.. its really no different than lacing any other hub. It says "4x lace pattern" but its the same pattern as you would do with any other 36h wheel. They just count the cross where the flange is supposed to be as a fourth cross..

So that being said, the holes closest to the edge of the hub is the "out" spokes (the spoke flange is on the inside of the wheel) and the ones closer to the inside of the hub are the "inside" spokes (spoke flange facing outside the wheel). I actually found the n4fl easier to lace than a flanged wheel. Ill make a photo right fast to help explain it more

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/6/2013 9:11 AM

Photo

Photo
Correctly laced it should look like this
Photo
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/6/2013 10:40 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: Photo

Photo
Correctly laced it should look like this
Photo

Thanks it helped out alot

|

2/3/2020 12:36 AM

I found this super helpful, as I just got one of these hubs and plan on lacing it to my late 90s Alex 36h rim.

|

2/3/2020 3:11 AM

purty sure those gotta be 4x, so you will probably need longer spokes than your old hub had.

|

2/3/2020 6:52 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

purty sure those gotta be 4x, so you will probably need longer spokes than your old hub had.

That's quite a jump from your previous "spoke length doesn't matter" stance

|