how to make your hub louder???

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2007 10:03 AM

my rear cassette is qwuite quiet but i liek em loud sum1 tell me how to make it louder plz peace

|

4/3/2007 10:43 AM

PUT A CARD IN YOUR SPOKES IT SOUNDS LIKE A MOT0RCYCL3 SO AWESOMEESS

|

4/3/2007 10:57 AM

so true

|

4/3/2007 12:04 PM

u gotta wipe out the lubricant out of the cassette

|

4/3/2007 12:58 PM

arpi8992 wrote:

Yeah, what he said. A

clean
and properly functioning cassette(or freewheel) will clack pretty loudly.
|

4/3/2007 6:26 PM

arpi8992 wrote:

GMGuinn wrote:

Yeah, what he said. A

clean
and properly functioning cassette(or freewheel) will clack pretty loudly.

i dont even care how loud mine sounds. it doesnt matter to me i just ride it i could care less

|

4/3/2007 9:38 PM

I actually found this the other day surfing the net. Was kind of wondering why this would be useful myself.

http://www.bmx-zone.com/en-article-id-654.html

|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/3/2007 10:48 PM

dam that shit is crazy, im gonna do that

|

4/3/2007 11:20 PM

OV4LIFE wrote:

just double up on the springs(it also helps if your hub skips)

|

4/4/2007 4:38 PM

OV4LIFE wrote:

bmxseller wrote:

just double up on the springs(it also helps if your hub skips)

i wish i read this earlier, since i had my hub apart before and now i dont feel like taking it off again

|

4/5/2007 8:40 PM

Brokenbones wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

where would u put the card..how to make it not to fall off.
|

4/5/2007 8:57 PM

Brokenbones wrote:

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote: Brokenbones wrote:

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

Actually... Don't do this. If you are old enough to type in a forum, you've already surpassed the card in the spokes technique.
|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/5/2007 9:19 PM

Brokenbones wrote:

humbleSage wrote: CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:

Brokenbones wrote:

Actually... Don't do this. If you are old enough to type in a forum, you've already surpassed the card in the spokes technique.
humbleSage wrote:
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

yea i been new dat.. i just wanted to do something diffrent..if u kno how to do it could u tell me lol
|

4/6/2007 2:01 AM

Brokenbones wrote:

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote: humbleSage wrote:

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

yea i been new dat.. i just wanted to do something diffrent..if u kno how to do it could u tell me lol
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
humbleSage wrote:
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

Just duct tape a playing card to the inside of your seatstay or chainstay so that it touches your spokes. That should do it.
|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/6/2007 7:02 AM

Brokenbones wrote:

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

humbleSage wrote:
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

Just duct tape a playing card to the inside of your seatstay or chainstay so that it touches your spokes. That should do it.

iight thanks man

|

4/6/2007 8:11 AM

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

humbleSage wrote:
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:

iight thanks man

Even better!!! Get some OG Spokey-Dokes... you'll be rollin' then!

[img size=150]http://www.komcyclery.com.au/catalog/images/thumbs/Bikecorp%20Spoky%20Dokes.jpg[/img]

|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

4/7/2007 11:43 AM

humbleSage wrote:

I actually found this the other day surfing the net. Was kind of wondering why this would be useful myself.

thnx man it worked now my hub is buzzin away thanks for postin tht website :D

|

4/7/2007 6:31 PM

humbleSage wrote:

english_balls wrote:

english_balls wrote:

All good... I have nothing better to do than surf the net for cheap bmx mods. Hit me up if you need some other info. I probably have it bookmarked already.
|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/16/2007 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:53 PM

Brokenbones wrote:

CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

humbleSage wrote:
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

humbleSage wrote:
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
humbleSage wrote:
CR@Ck H3Ad wrote:
Brokenbones wrote:

u guys all still rember how todo that, iv done that when i was like five, and didnt now what "bmx" stands for, no i have learned it fucks ur spoke up, and loosens them
|

4/17/2007 4:40 AM

humbleSage wrote:

umm yea this mod doesnt work very well the spring jsut streches out again

|

4/17/2007 7:56 PM

humbleSage wrote:

moshbmxr69 wrote:

moshbmxr69 wrote:

Nothing lasts forever.
|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/18/2007 4:33 AM

humbleSage wrote:

moshbmxr69 wrote:

humbleSage wrote: moshbmxr69 wrote:

Nothing lasts forever.

ur right about that

|

4/28/2007 5:40 AM

moshbmxr69 wrote:

Nothing lasts forever.

moshbmxr69 wrote:

ur right about that

i know you can do this with a cassete, but how could you do it with a freewheel? is it possible?

|

4/28/2007 8:10 AM

Nothing lasts forever.

moshbmxr69 wrote:

ur right about that

1111 wrote:

i know you can do this with a cassete, but how could you do it with a freewheel? is it possible?

1111 wrote:

No... Entirely different mechanism, and I wouldn't dare mess with it. These things are designed that you never need to open them up, and everyone that has had to purchase a new one the next day.

Be warned.
|

Gary
MirraCo Fivestar Park
Trails/Street/Park
Ride Customizer For Hire

4/28/2007 10:00 AM

moshbmxr69 wrote:

ur right about that

1111 wrote:

humbleSage wrote: 1111 wrote:

No... Entirely different mechanism, and I wouldn't dare mess with it. These things are designed that you never need to open them up, and everyone that has had to purchase a new one the next day.

Be warned.

i have an odyssey cassette hub and i figured out a good way to make it louder. There is a red rubber seal when you take off the driver and if you just take that out it sounds more metallic i guess. Its sick try it out if you can do it with yours.

|

4/28/2007 7:39 PM

1111 wrote:

Be warned.

bmx_street2006 wrote:

i have an odyssey cassette hub and i figured out a good way to make it louder. There is a red rubber seal when you take off the driver and if you just take that out it sounds more metallic i guess. Its sick try it out if you can do it with yours.

thats if yu have the 2 piece one, the one piece driver doesnt come with it and if you try to use the red seal on the one piece driver it doesnt work out too well. so if you have a one piece metal your already using it without the red seal

|

4/30/2007 9:24 AM

moshbmxr69 wrote:

ur right about that

1111 wrote:

Be warned.

if you wont to make a freewheel hub louder, run some paint thinner or gas into it and work it agound a little it eats away at the grease and makes it click like a mother fucker. might want to run a little wd-40 into it so it dosent fuck up tho. and you can tear those hubs apart if your carefull, but watch out because they put about 200 loose ball berrings in it.if you dont watch out those fuckers will spill out EVERYWHERE! theres a lot of sand where i live and tearing those fuckers down to get the sand out is about the only way my hubs last.

Post edited by: stoned, at: 4/30/2007 7:25 PM

|

5/1/2007 6:04 AM

1111 wrote:

Be warned.

stoned wrote:

if you wont to make a freewheel hub louder, run some paint thinner or gas into it and work it agound a little it eats away at the grease and makes it click like a mother fucker. might want to run a little wd-40 into it so it dosent fuck up tho. and you can tear those hubs apart if your carefull, but watch out because they put about 200 loose ball berrings in it.if you dont watch out those fuckers will spill out EVERYWHERE! theres a lot of sand where i live and tearing those fuckers down to get the sand out is about the only way my hubs last.

wd-40 on bearigns is a no. dont ever use it on bearings it eats the grease away, then your bearing will then turn into shit

|

5/1/2007 5:44 PM

Be warned.

stoned wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

wd-40 on bearigns is a no. dont ever use it on bearings it eats the grease away, then your bearing will then turn into shit

good stuff, im goin to try it with my odd hazzard. its loud but i would like it louder..w00t

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

7/3/2007 1:18 AM

stoned wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

good stuff, im goin to try it with my odd hazzard. its loud but i would like it louder..w00t

haha i like how all u guys r getting technical with this if u really want something loud just get a cassette that has 12 pawl engagement ticks really fast and really loud for example: profile cassettes, shadow conspiracy cassette, and the primo mix cassette

then again thats only if u have money me myself i hate taking apart my bike since everything is like the way i want it just thought id mention it

|