how to remove Aegis hub guards from profile hub?!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2014 1:47 PM

i just purchased a new wheelset and it has the aegis hub guards on the front wheel left side and right , i cant figure out how to get them off any help will be greatly appreciated!

|

3/29/2014 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 4:03 PM

Dynamite, works every time

Or you could google aegis hub guard and the profile site will pop up with instructions on it....took me like 2 seconds to find

I reccamend the dynamite though makes things more interesting

|

3/29/2014 4:03 PM

Dynamite's a good option ^

unless it's Acme brand dynamite & you're a coyote
Photo

|

3/29/2014 4:30 PM

It just pops off.

|

3/29/2014 4:32 PM

You could try the hammer out the axle method if you've had experience with press-fit axle hardware on female hubs.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/29/2014 5:22 PM

i'ts this one , both the left side and the right spin at the same time not too sure how to get them off they dont budge and have nothing inside to hammer on to pop them off

[img]http://www.deadsailorbmx.co.uk/shop/parts/wheels/hub-guards/profile-aegis-front-bmx-hub-guard/[/img]

|

3/29/2014 5:25 PM

Photo
|

3/29/2014 5:27 PM

Put the axle bolt in one side of the axle (at least 1/3 of the way in) & tap the bolt lightly with a hammer until the axle pops through the hub. This will get one guard off, then for the other one you can either put the edges of the guard on something where you can tap the axle straight though it to get the guard off, or tap the axle back into the hub and tap the axle out the other way, and the guard will come off then. Be careful though when doing so, not for the guard's sake but for the bearings & axle bolts

|

3/29/2014 5:31 PM

Okay thanks im going to give it a try ^^

|