how to stop hub from skipping

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2015 10:22 PM

my stolen revolution cassette keeps skiping like every 2 full cranks i takes could u guys help me how to prevent tht from happening because i bought it and its brand new but i lost the reciet and i cant return it

|

4/10/2015 3:04 PM

You should contact the shop you bought it at, they can likely provide you with a duplicate receipt.

If it is actually brand new, they should also take a look at it for you and let you know what's going on. It may be a warranty situation.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

4/10/2015 3:29 PM

transition_chris wrote:

You should contact the shop you bought it at, they can likely provide you with a duplicate receipt.

If it is actually brand ...more

This, also assuming it wasn't brand new like 3 years ago. Sometimes there is a timeframe to keep in mind.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/10/2015 8:37 PM

transition_chris wrote:

If it is actually brand ...more

This is your best bet.

A brand new hub shouldn't be skipping like that unless someone fucked with it.

My advice would be to try and sort it out through warranty assuming you can get a receipt, you'll probably need to have a shop disassemble it so you can figure out what's wrong with it though. But contact Stolen and ask them what to do to be sure first.

|

4/10/2015 8:48 PM

Usually means the spring isn't working. Or the pawls/ratchet ring are ruined.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/10/2015 10:47 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Usually means the spring isn't working. Or the pawls/ratchet ring are ruined.

should i just but springs and paws then

|

4/10/2015 11:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2015 11:47 PM

Sounds like you need to replace
Some pawls and springs ...sounds like and odyssey hub 5 years ago and before then ...possibly after

From experience I've had a demolition hub to 3 years then gave away still going strong

Profile hubs had them still strong to this day 6 years later

Odyssey = never had a hub last me half a year without needing replacements on internals (notice they have a huge line of replacement parts ) aside from profile .....fuck those hubs

|

4/12/2015 10:06 AM

thanks for the help

|

4/15/2015 8:25 PM

I like dick

|