how to stop throttle grip

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2011 8:20 AM

ive had chrome bars forever and now no matter what i do my grips slip ive tried hairspray all kinds of spraypaint and ductape nuthin works..any help?

|

5/24/2011 8:23 AM

dont ride ur bike till the grip is dry, and doesn't move...

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

5/24/2011 8:27 AM

my grips arent wet even when i buy new ones they just slide. ive never had this problem till a couple months ago

|

5/24/2011 8:30 AM

Try lock on grips.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/24/2011 8:30 AM

Well idk, put zip ties on the end of the grips so it dont slide

|

5/24/2011 8:33 AM

or just get some of these....

|

5/24/2011 8:49 AM

no my grips dont slide in they just spin in the same spot

|

5/24/2011 8:50 AM

Im confused now o.O

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/24/2011 9:51 AM

take gripds off and clean everything with a dry towel. then blow the grips on with an air compressor. problem solved.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

5/24/2011 9:56 AM

ive done that to and after like half hour of riding they alrleady start slipping. my freinds says its becuase on my chrome bars because there like super smooth

|

5/24/2011 9:59 AM

tearAsneak69 wrote:

ive done that to and after like half hour of riding they alrleady start slipping. my freinds says its becuase on my chrome bars because there like super smooth

sand where your grips are.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

5/24/2011 10:30 AM

ya sanded it to primed it sprayed hair sprayed everything i need fuckin plastic ass grips or sumthing i think its the humidity or something

|

5/24/2011 10:30 AM

take your grips off and spray some hair spray on the bars, slide them back on...hair spray gets sticky when it dries...problem solved...been doing it for years...

|

5/24/2011 11:19 AM

aZnBMX84 wrote:

take your grips off and spray some hair spray on the bars, slide them back on...hair spray gets sticky when it dries...problem solved...been doing it for years...

hairspray also eats away at your grips is what ive been told and since i stoped using it my grips last longer

and to fix your problem just use some rubbing alchol on the bars and in the grips it will clean it dont touch the bars where the grips go or the inside of the grip and then slide the grip on and let it sit for like 2 hours should dry by then and then use a hair dryer and heat the grips up a little and it will make them stick even a little better then you shouldnt have a problem and dont sand the chrome thats bad for you cuz of the chemicals it releses

|

bike check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/ONE-TOUGHT-PODRE,1235558

refs: fitbikeco77, iridebmxeveryday, nickkkk, floka myers, tinybikerider33, bmxihb321, beastassdick, lee rager

5/24/2011 11:30 AM

aZnBMX84 wrote:

jbeaton13 wrote:

hairspray also eats away at your grips is what ive been told and since i stoped using it my grips last longer

and to fix your problem just use some rubbing alchol on the bars and in the grips it will clean it dont touch the bars where the grips go or the inside of the grip and then slide the grip on and let it sit for like 2 hours should dry by then and then use a hair dryer and heat the grips up a little and it will make them stick even a little better then you shouldnt have a problem and dont sand the chrome thats bad for you cuz of the chemicals it releses

As long as you aren't snorting the filings of the chrome you are fine.

As to making your grips not move, I never had an issue with grip slip on chrome bars or anything. Not sure why yours do, but what do you ride? Dirt? Park? Street?

If it is dusty, that can come into play. If all else fails, a small amount of glue.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/24/2011 11:47 AM

i always used WD-40 to put my grips on. just wait a bit and not use half the can and it stays very well. they never slip or slide on me.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

5/24/2011 11:52 AM

glue

|

5/24/2011 11:54 AM

Throttle grip is caused by moisture, so WD-40, displaced the water on the grips, should solve the problem. If not, the bars might be too small in diameter, which is a problem on the manufacturing end, so contacting BSD is an option

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

5/24/2011 11:57 AM

what kind of grips do you have?

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

5/24/2011 1:39 PM

Buy different grips.

|

5/24/2011 3:42 PM

get odi's and do this

i know you dont have to use odi's but, they are the best!
|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

10/25/2012 4:42 PM

i don't get why everyone has a problem with putting grips on. My XL's were a fucking bitch but normal grips go on easy if you aren't a pussy. no tools needed.

try putting Electrical tape where the grips will be. just 1 layer. should help the grips stick

|

10/25/2012 4:49 PM

kingshawty12 wrote:

i always used WD-40 to put my grips on. just wait a bit and not use half the can and it stays very well. they never slip or slide on me.

this wd40 is the way to go

|

10/25/2012 5:11 PM

Yeah WD-40 is what i use to get them on, just spray some on a screwdriver and rub it in the grip and some on the bars and it should hold up fine.

|

10/25/2012 5:26 PM

use 2 knives...put the 2 knives inside the grip and then put the grip on the bar, after that remove the knives and you're done.

|

10/25/2012 10:38 PM

Grip glue definately if you can get any. Otherwise, I would say brand new or very good condition grips and some zipties and a plier. Also, clean on the bars where the grips would go of course.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/25/2012 10:55 PM

Leave your grips out for 24 hours, and then make sure your bars are dry. then get a air compressor and use it to put the grips onto the bars.

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

photo bike_zpsb600f46b.jpg

10/25/2012 11:00 PM

Amazing how this thread was bumped from 2011 for no apparent reason haha

|

10/26/2012 2:46 AM

All the solutions you guys said are rally good but with WD40 i first slides in easily and then dries up everything i have always used it and never a slip a part when it rains but just get em out and redo

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"