how to take a damn profile drive side jam nut off!!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2012 10:31 PM

I have a madera v1 cassette hub and in trying to put new springs in but the damn jam nut its too tight! please help me with tips on how to take it off

|

۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

7/11/2012 10:36 PM

solid axle?

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

7/11/2012 10:38 PM

pics would help

|

7/11/2012 10:42 PM

yes solid axle it wouldnt matter either way profile engineers suck and didnt put and allen key in the side of the axle

|

۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

7/11/2012 10:45 PM

take the wheel off, and put tighten the non drive side nut on the INSIDE of your dropout. so your wheel will be coming out of the side of your dropout and won't be inside the frame. tighten the tits out of it then try to loosen your driver side lock nut

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

7/11/2012 10:48 PM

catfish95 wrote:

take the wheel off, and put tighten the non drive side nut on the INSIDE of your dropout. so your wheel will be coming out of the side of your dropout and won't be inside the frame. tighten the tits out of it then try to loosen your driver side lock nut

ding diing ding, we have a winner!

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

7/11/2012 10:48 PM

i think i got what you're saying, my old Crupi hubs were the same way...vice grips to hold the axle (put something soft around the axle if you can so you don't damage your threads) and another pair of pliers on the jam nut..

|

7/12/2012 6:24 AM

catfish95 wrote:

This or go to a local shop with an AXLE VISE that is meant to hold it for this very reason. They shouldn't charge you to loosen the nut.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/12/2012 7:25 AM

sbc785 wrote:

i think i got what you're saying, my old Crupi hubs were the same way...vice grips to hold the axle (put something soft around the axle if you can so you don't damage your threads) and another pair of pliers on the jam nut..

dont do this. No matter how much soft shit you use it will still fuck up your threads

|

Yeaaaaaaaah boyyyy!

7/12/2012 7:51 AM

i've done it plenty of times without fucking up my threads, hell i still have my Crupi hubs that i've been doing it to for the last 15 years, if there's no other solution then you gotta get desperate.

|

7/12/2012 5:58 PM

or take the other side off and just pull it through

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger