hub axle bolts

Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2018 9:04 PM

Hey guys. I just realized that I have a few project bikes that I'm getting ready to sell, and they need hub nuts. I looked online and almost REFUSE to pay 8 bucks for a pair of freaking hub nuts. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact specs of them, and if I could get them at Home Depot or something. I am set on buying them at a hardware store, due to the fact that I need like at least 10. Not ordering them online! Haha.
Thanks!

|

10/27/2018 9:16 PM

Hub nuts. Lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/27/2018 9:53 PM

Take a wheel in, ask to try a few to see what fits. But they'll most likely be the 19mm ones, and won't have the little flange thing. Pretty sure you should be able to get the correct nuts online a lot cheaper than 8 bucks though

|

10/27/2018 10:01 PM

Albes has them for much cheaper. you were probably looking at alloy ones or something.

https://www.albes.com/axle-nuts/

|

10/27/2018 10:08 PM

G'day. do you mean cone nuts or axle nuts?

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

10/28/2018 7:01 AM

I'm looking for axle hub nuts. Ordering them from Albes would be paying more in shipping than the actual nuts themselves. I will look on Amazon and see what I can find.

Thanks! everyone!

|

10/28/2018 7:21 AM

Ok. You're very confusing. Nuts and bolts are 2 totally different things lol.

Are you looking for a locknut, or like the bolt that tightens the wheel to the fork?

|

10/28/2018 7:39 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Are you looking for a locknut, or like the bolt that tightens the wheel to the fork?

Isn't the thing that tightens the wheel to the fork also a nut on a male axle? On a female axle it would be a bolt wouldn't it? Not sure which kinda axle he has but I'd guess male since he was asking about nuts.

|

10/28/2018 9:22 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

Isn't the thing that tightens the wheel to the fork also a nut on a male axle? On a female axle it would be a bolt wouldn't it? Not sure which kinda axle he has but I'd guess male since he was asking about nuts.

Shit yeah you're right. But he's saying bolt and then he's saying nut. So I have no clue what he's talking about.

Either way a Home Depot should have the bolt or the nut you need

|

10/28/2018 10:07 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Shit yeah you're right. But he's saying bolt and then he's saying nut. So I have no clue what he's talking about.

Either way a Home Depot should have the bolt or the nut you need

Oh yeah just noticed the thread name, didn't see it before.

|

10/28/2018 10:44 AM

If it’s male it’s a bolt. If it’s female it’s a nut. We are having a hard time following what your talking about.

|

10/28/2018 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/28/2018 5:01 PM

“Axle hub nut”. So axle nut or cone nut? I think your local bike shop is the best port of call at this point.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

10/28/2018 6:10 PM

WildeB33st wrote:

Hey guys. I just realized that I have a few project bikes that I'm getting ready to sell, and they need hub nuts. I looked online and almost REFUSE to pay 8 bucks for a pair of freaking hub nuts. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact specs of them, and if I could get them at Home Depot or something. I am set on buying them at a hardware store, due to the fact that I need like at least 10. Not ordering them online! Haha.
Thanks!

Go to your local bike shop. Probably just give you some...buy some tubes.

|

10/28/2018 6:13 PM

Female axles use bolts to attach the wheel to the frame. Sometimes female hubs use a nut still to hold the driver in place. Male axles use nuts to attach the wheel to the frame with a slimmer nut sometimes in between to adjust the play in your driver.

|