hub comparison

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2013 6:25 PM

im really trying to decide my final hub decision , right now its down to
1 BSD back street ( my original choice )
2 Cult Match ( i save $ 30 and hear its about just as good )
3 G sport ratchet ( on sale for 150 on danscomp )

witch one do u guys recommend , personal i wouldn't mind having to maintenance it a little . would it be worth it to buy the cult and save $30 for better hub guards ?

|

11/5/2013 6:35 PM

well the only hub I have experience with is the BSD hub and its bombproof rolls forever and looks good too, I would definitely recommend it, but also I've heard the cult is really good too and plus its cheaper

and the ratchet speaks for itself I guess haha

basically I could only recommend the BSD because its the only one I have experience on

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/5/2013 7:24 PM

Damn , all pretty good choices .

I'd go BSD because the hubguards work great with it , and because the ratchet it abit outdated.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/5/2013 7:29 PM

My ratchet treats me very well. They are all great choices. Literally it's all up to you.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/6/2013 6:58 AM

I'd go ratchet.. lol. Just seems to be the best. Theyre all great though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/6/2013 7:44 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I'd go BSD because the hubguards work great with it , and because the ratchet it abit outdated.

The Ratchet Hub is outdated? You're joking right? It's more technologically advanced than most hubs and it's not even that old.

|

11/6/2013 8:18 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

The Ratchet is far from outdated. Honestly, it has features that other manufacturers don't use simply because they're afraid their repeat sales will diminish. It is a well engineered product, that has more than proven itself over its relatively short existence. For $150, you can't beat it. It will outlast 99.99999999999999% of hubs on this planet, and has a great warranty as well.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/6/2013 8:39 AM

I currently have the ratchet and i use to have a primo mix(same thing as Match) and i prefer my ratchet, female bolts and a cleaner look. press on hub guards rule. honestly any of the hubs you mentioned are good choices.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/6/2013 8:39 AM

G sport forsure

|

11/6/2013 3:16 PM

What a coincidence, I had a Cult Match, have a BSD now and want a Ratchet.

I'd say get the BSD, it's a super light but stiff as hell hub, also the jersey barrier hub guards are amazing (i know they have them for the ratchet as well, but still)

I grind A LOT and t holds up great, writing this post reminds me why I still have the BSD over the Ratchet.

Also both the BSD and the Ratchet have a lot of replacement parts, but I can't seem to find any for my Cult Match, only the Primo Mix replacement axle, but the other two hubs have every part of the hub available on dans or whatever other site.

And get a female axle if you're getting the BSD!

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

11/6/2013 3:43 PM

BSD back street

|

11/6/2013 3:53 PM

Ratchet.

|

Youtube Channel |||The Wolf

||| My Helmet ||| Have FUN on your Bike!!

11/6/2013 4:43 PM

damn its split right now i love both the BSD and ratchet

|

11/6/2013 4:45 PM

McCheeseKid wrote:

What a coincidence, I had a Cult Match, have a BSD now and want a Ratchet.

I'd say get the BSD, it's a super light but stiff as hell hub, also the jersey barrier hub guards are amazing (i know they have them for the ratchet as well, but still)

I grind A LOT and t holds up great, writing this post reminds me why I still have the BSD over the Ratchet.

Also both the BSD and the Ratchet have a lot of replacement parts, but I can't seem to find any for my Cult Match, only the Primo Mix replacement axle, but the other two hubs have every part of the hub available on dans or whatever other site.

And get a female axle if you're getting the BSD!

how did the match treat you im considering it because i save $ 30 if i buy it , and what was the main difference between the BSD and ratchet BSD was just more durable for grinds ?

|

11/6/2013 4:56 PM

chad88 wrote:

how did the match treat you im considering it because i save $ 30 if i buy it , and what was the main difference between the BSD and ratchet BSD was just more durable for grinds ?

Ratchet's by far more durable for grinds... 20mm axle with 14mm bolts or 14mm axle with 3/8" bolts? Yeah... G-Sport also has thicker flanges.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/6/2013 5:08 PM

I've run ratchets for the last 3-4 years. Solid as fuck hubs. Never had an issue only reason I've had two is I wanted a 48 spoke.

The match would be my second choice

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

11/6/2013 5:11 PM

chad88 wrote:

The Match was awesome, a little bit heavy, and I had it in a male axle which i didn't like. The only reason I switched was because I stripped the axle and haven't gotten a replacement yet (but don't plan to because I have my BSD now, I plan to be selling it actually, let me know if you're interested - you just need a new axle) It's a really strong hub, and great engagement, it was very solid for grinding.

And I have no experience with the Ratchet, but I'm assuming it's just as stronger if not stronger, because it's built to be tough with bigger bearings, axles, flanges and stuff.

But I am way too happy with my BSD, and I'm definitely not a weight whore, but it is VERY light and you could definitely notice it in the back. I would honestly say it's just as strong as the Ratchet, but smaller and lighter, you could pick either one and be more than happy, but I would get the BSD just because.

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

11/6/2013 5:16 PM

McCheeseKid wrote:

The Match was awesome, a little bit heavy, and I had it in a male axle which i didn't like. The only reason I switched was because I stripped the axle and haven't gotten a replacement yet (but don't plan to because I have my BSD now, I plan to be selling it actually, let me know if you're interested - you just need a new axle) It's a really strong hub, and great engagement, it was very solid for grinding.

And I have no experience with the Ratchet, but I'm assuming it's just as stronger if not stronger, because it's built to be tough with bigger bearings, axles, flanges and stuff.

But I am way too happy with my BSD, and I'm definitely not a weight whore, but it is VERY light and you could definitely notice it in the back. I would honestly say it's just as strong as the Ratchet, but smaller and lighter, you could pick either one and be more than happy, but I would get the BSD just because.

thank you i think im nearing toward the BSD after hearing your statement

|

11/6/2013 5:18 PM

chad88 wrote:

thank you i think im nearing toward the BSD after hearing your statement

Just go with a Ratchet dude. Strongest rear hub you can get and pretty much the only hub with a lifetime warranty. The BSD doesn't even come close strength wise. It's only a difference of like 4 ounces, and they have very similar engagement.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/6/2013 5:27 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Just go with a Ratchet dude. Strongest rear hub you can get and pretty much the only hub with a lifetime warranty. The BSD doesn't even come close strength wise. It's only a difference of like 4 ounces, and they have very similar engagement.

i had no idea G sport had lifetime ... shit im stuck again

|

11/6/2013 7:50 PM

Ratchet mate one hub you cant get wrong

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

11/6/2013 7:52 PM

Gump wrote:

I've run ratchets for the last 3-4 years. Solid as fuck hubs. Never had an issue only reason I've had two is I wanted a 48 spoke.

The match would be my second choice

You lucky bastard, you found a 48H ratchet

|

The first breath is the beginning of death