hub parts question

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2013 7:56 PM

I have a Redline Device hub and the pawl spring clip broke. I see that Dan's has a pawl spring clip from Odyssey for sale. I wonder if I can use that Odyssey clip? are pawl spring clips universal size on bmx hubs?

|

9/19/2013 8:07 PM

I wouldn't count on a universal sizing. Email Redline direct @ Redline, they're a purdy cool company & should be able to hook it up purdy quick

|

United0Cult0

9/19/2013 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2013 8:12 PM

Most hubs yes, It should fit but contact Redline and check with them first, most likely it will. It's just like the BSD, Proper, Odyssey, Tuffneck hubs, they all use the same pawl/ c spring system, except for the odyssey V3 hubs and up as these pawls have little pins on the side of each pawl which interlock into their driver body.

|

9/19/2013 8:44 PM

Albes stated in an older thread that Odyssey driver will fit the Redline Device hub, so given that information, the Odyssey spring clip should fit it.

|

9/19/2013 8:46 PM

it wouldn't hurt to email RL before wasting $$$

|

United0Cult0

9/20/2013 10:13 AM

As stated already I would email RL first but it is most likely a Joytech made hub like a lot are so I would guess it would fit. If you know anyone with an oddy cassette see if you can try to swap their driver on just long enough to see if it fits and compare pieces while its apart.

|