hubguards

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2013 2:50 AM

so basically last year i bought a colony endevour and after about 6 months i decided to put pegs on, and as you do i started braking spokes, i rang colony to ask if their clone hub guard would fit and their response was "that's a good question mate, but we dont know you would have to buy some and find out" obviously i was kinda pissed off.
so basically what hub guards are out there that are compatible with most hubs? i know the Animal PYN is and the BSD Jersey are, what are your opinions of either one? or are there better ones out?

|

7/29/2013 4:09 AM

Hahaha colony, I think they were pulling your tail mate, obviously the hub guard they make for their hub is going to work

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/29/2013 4:15 AM

but the hubs on the bike are not colony close hubs, that are generic ones...

|

7/29/2013 4:34 AM

OIC well shit that is a dick move

I would say get G-sport glands because they work on just about everything

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/29/2013 5:00 AM

Get glands work on every hub

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/29/2013 7:21 AM

The clone hub is just a joy tech hub. And most completes have joy tech hubs so it should fit. Also try glands, the daily grind, bsd jersey barrier,fbm, united, s&m cymbal, all if those are basically universal so they will fit. Don't get the animal. The sleeve is too brittle. I snapped 2 in a month

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/29/2013 5:08 PM

tomdon wrote:

The clone hub is just a joy tech hub. And most completes have joy tech hubs so it should fit. Also try glands, the daily grind, bsd jersey barrier,fbm, united, s&m cymbal, all if those are basically universal so they will fit. Don't get the animal. The sleeve is too brittle. I snapped 2 in a month

jersey barrier has different ones for different hubs, not universal.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/29/2013 5:16 PM

If you want a Hub Guard that will last forever look into Heat Treated 4140 Guards. Most of them are universal fit right now, a couple of companies are coming out with ones specific for their hubs but you don't need to worry about that atm. Look into...

The Daily Grind (You can get a Drive Side version too)
S&M Cymbal (Drive Side is on its way!)
Foundation Westside (There is a Drive Side called the Eastside also)

Any of those WILL fit your hub, they can be a bit pricey BUT they will last a long, LONG time!

Hope that helps buddy. smile

|

7/29/2013 5:46 PM

tomdon wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

jersey barrier has different ones for different hubs, not universal.

Yes but the odyssey style is for joy tech hubs which is pretty much universal for any hub with threaded non drive lock & cone nuts

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/29/2013 6:25 PM

Use July as a code for 25 percent off Daily grind

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/29/2013 7:37 PM

Topsey wrote:

If you want a Hub Guard that will last forever look into Heat Treated 4140 Guards. Most of them are universal fit right now, a couple of companies are coming out with ones specific for their hubs but you don't need to worry about that atm. Look into...

The Daily Grind (You can get a Drive Side version too)
S&M Cymbal (Drive Side is on its way!)
Foundation Westside (There is a Drive Side called the Eastside also)

Any of those WILL fit your hub, they can be a bit pricey BUT they will last a long, LONG time!

Hope that helps buddy. smile

For the back hub get an s&m cymbal, for the front you need to find one compatible for it. when i bought a guard for my front javelin, animal didnt have guard for it at the time so i bought an eclat pulse guard because people said it fit. If you can't find a compatible guard just get glands

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

7/29/2013 7:46 PM

FBM or United Squad. They're the ones that go right over all the hardware so you don't need to take off any cone nuts/lock nuts. Sometimes, taking off the cone nut and not putting stuff in right will make the hub loose and all wobbly, eventually destroying your hub. Best off with a universal hubguard. And yes, most hubguards will have to have the slightest bit of frame stretch.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke