hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2014 4:50 PM

so i was looking for some info on female hubs, but i couldnt quite find what i was looking for. i wanna get a pair of female hubs and both would be 3/8, is this a good idea? also, i know that with true female hubs the axle bolt screws ino the hub. so does the dropout just go between the hub shell and the axle bolts?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:09 PM

hope this helps mate

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/1/2014 5:10 PM

true female hubs, the bolt sits in the dropouts. if that's what you're asking.

|

1/1/2014 5:12 PM

Was I kind of right though? Like to put your front wheel on for example: you'd line up the hub in the dropouts then screw in the bolts?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:27 PM

Not sure about other hubs but my rear 3/8ths female hub has a bit of the 14mm axle coming out so the actual axle sits in the dropouts instead of the bolts. I don't need to run any adapters for the hub to fit in the frame.

|

1/1/2014 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 5:32 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Was I kind of right though? Like to put your front wheel on for example: you'd line up the hub in the dropouts then screw in the bolts?

You can just screw on the bolts first and then just put it on the dropouts then tighten them

|

1/1/2014 5:48 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

brianoob wrote:

You can just screw on the bolts first and then just put it on the dropouts then tighten them

Sweet man, thanks for the help

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 5:49 PM

Wait that brings up another question, will I need 3/8 pegs front and rear? Or will I need 14mm cause of the axle?

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:51 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Wait that brings up another question, will I need 3/8 pegs front and rear? Or will I need 14mm cause of the axle?

3/8ths. They go though the bolts not the axle. I'm running 14mm pegs fine though because I lost the 3/8ths adapters.

|

1/1/2014 6:06 PM

brianoob wrote:

3/8ths. They go though the bolts not the axle. I'm running 14mm pegs fine though because I lost the 3/8ths adapters.

Thanks haha I just figured I'd ask these questions before I dropped a bunch of money on shit haha

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 6:09 PM

Fork goes on blot for true female

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/1/2014 6:25 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Fork goes on blot for true female

Blot?

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 6:42 PM

Fuck Vital Right Now!! It's doing it's only post 10 words of a 3 Paragraph comment!! FAAAAARRRRRKKKK!!!!!!

I give up!!!

|

1/1/2014 6:57 PM

Topsey wrote:

Fuck Vital Right Now!! It's doing it's only post 10 words of a 3 Paragraph comment!! FAAAAARRRRRKKKK!!!!!!

I give up!!!

Haha, this is your shortest post....EVER! Lol

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/1/2014 6:57 PM

brianoob wrote:

Not sure about other hubs but my rear 3/8ths female hub has a bit of the 14mm axle coming out so the actual axle sits in the dropouts instead of the bolts. I don't need to run any adapters for the hub to fit in the frame.

i think thats what is called a shemale axle

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/1/2014 8:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 8:02 PM

Nope! Not Working!

|

1/1/2014 8:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 8:02 PM

Nope, Totally Not Working! This Needs To Be Sorted Out!!! I Have a FULL Explanation of These Hubs & CANNOT Post It!!!

|

1/1/2014 8:07 PM

Topsey wrote:

Nope, Totally Not Working! This Needs To Be Sorted Out!!! I Have a FULL Explanation of These Hubs & CANNOT Post It!!!

Haha like I said i could use all the info I could get, don't sweat it too much

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 8:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 8:18 PM

Nope, This hasn't worked I will P.M You all the details I wanted to Post in here!

|

1/1/2014 8:37 PM

Topsey wrote:

Nope, This hasn't worked I will P.M You all the details I wanted to Post in here!

Just post it as a comment on my. Profile

|

-HardBMX_Tim