hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2014 4:50 PM

so i was looking for some info on female hubs, but i couldnt quite find what i was looking for. i wanna get a pair of female hubs and both would be 3/8, is this a good idea? also, i know that with true female hubs the axle bolt screws ino the hub. so does the dropout just go between the hub shell and the axle bolts?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:09 PM

hope this helps mate

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/1/2014 5:10 PM

true female hubs, the bolt sits in the dropouts. if that's what you're asking.

|

1/1/2014 5:12 PM

Was I kind of right though? Like to put your front wheel on for example: you'd line up the hub in the dropouts then screw in the bolts?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:27 PM

Not sure about other hubs but my rear 3/8ths female hub has a bit of the 14mm axle coming out so the actual axle sits in the dropouts instead of the bolts. I don't need to run any adapters for the hub to fit in the frame.

|

1/1/2014 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 5:32 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Was I kind of right though? Like to put your front wheel on for example: you'd line up the hub in the dropouts then screw in ...more

You can just screw on the bolts first and then just put it on the dropouts then tighten them

|

1/1/2014 5:48 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Was I kind of right though? Like to put your front wheel on for example: you'd line up the hub in the dropouts then screw in ...more

brianoob wrote:

You can just screw on the bolts first and then just put it on the dropouts then tighten them

Sweet man, thanks for the help

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 5:49 PM

Wait that brings up another question, will I need 3/8 pegs front and rear? Or will I need 14mm cause of the axle?

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 5:51 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

Wait that brings up another question, will I need 3/8 pegs front and rear? Or will I need 14mm cause of the axle?

3/8ths. They go though the bolts not the axle. I'm running 14mm pegs fine though because I lost the 3/8ths adapters.

|

1/1/2014 6:06 PM

brianoob wrote:

3/8ths. They go though the bolts not the axle. I'm running 14mm pegs fine though because I lost the 3/8ths adapters.

Thanks haha I just figured I'd ask these questions before I dropped a bunch of money on shit haha

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 6:09 PM

Fork goes on blot for true female

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/1/2014 6:25 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Fork goes on blot for true female

Blot?

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 6:42 PM

Fuck Vital Right Now!! It's doing it's only post 10 words of a 3 Paragraph comment!! FAAAAARRRRRKKKK!!!!!!

I give up!!!

|

1/1/2014 6:57 PM

Topsey wrote:

Fuck Vital Right Now!! It's doing it's only post 10 words of a 3 Paragraph comment!! FAAAAARRRRRKKKK!!!!!!

I give up!!!

Haha, this is your shortest post....EVER! Lol

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

1/1/2014 6:57 PM

brianoob wrote:

Not sure about other hubs but my rear 3/8ths female hub has a bit of the 14mm axle coming out so the actual axle sits in the ...more

i think thats what is called a shemale axle

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/1/2014 8:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 8:02 PM

Nope! Not Working!

|

1/1/2014 8:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 8:02 PM

Nope, Totally Not Working! This Needs To Be Sorted Out!!! I Have a FULL Explanation of These Hubs & CANNOT Post It!!!

|

1/1/2014 8:07 PM

Topsey wrote:

Nope, Totally Not Working! This Needs To Be Sorted Out!!! I Have a FULL Explanation of These Hubs & CANNOT Post It!!!

Haha like I said i could use all the info I could get, don't sweat it too much

|

-HardBMX_Tim

1/1/2014 8:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 8:18 PM

Nope, This hasn't worked I will P.M You all the details I wanted to Post in here!

|

1/1/2014 8:37 PM

Topsey wrote:

Nope, This hasn't worked I will P.M You all the details I wanted to Post in here!

Just post it as a comment on my. Profile

|

-HardBMX_Tim