hydrofrormed parts

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2014 4:36 PM

my frame isnt chomoly apparentlyly, its hydroformed. what the fuck does this mean?

|

7/15/2014 4:38 PM

Chromoly is a material, hydroforming is a manufacturing process. Hydroforming is basically using water at high pressure to shape, in our case, a tube. What frame is it?

|

7/15/2014 4:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2014 4:39 PM

It's a technique of shaping metal with water. Or atleast i think that's what it is...

Edit, ohioan beat me to it.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/15/2014 4:48 PM

Thanks guys. 2013 gt zone.

|

7/15/2014 4:54 PM

You sure? I cant find anything about it being hydroformed?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/15/2014 5:03 PM

http://www.the-bike-expert.com/gt-zone/ thislink isnt info directly from gt itself... but seeing as they are "bike experts" I'd hope they knew what they were saying when they said the frame was hydroformed. lol

The GT Zone is a beginner’s street BMX bike that’s a perfect introduction to the world of BMX racing. It comes with GTs new alloy hydroform frame which is an alloy frame and considerably lighter than the forged steel frame you get on the entry level GT Slammer. That makes this bike incredible value for money since it’s only slightly more expensive than the Slammer.

I bought this bike with no knowledge of what to buy, it was just at the bike shop and I just happened to have 250 and needed a new bike at the time so i bought it because it was all I could afford....

Here are the specs

Specifications
Model Year 2013
Frame 2013 GT Street Design S/S, Hi-Ten Steel Tubes, DT Gussett, MID BB , Seat Stay Mounted U-Brake, Removable Rotor Guides, External 1-1/8" H/T
Materials
Top Tube Length
Chainstay Length
Head Tube Angle
Seat Tube Angle
Standover Height
BB Height
Brakemounts
Dropouts
Fork GT Dirt/Street Design, Hi-Ten 31.8- 28.6mm Tapered O.D. Blades, Hi-Ten Steerer, 3/8" axle
Handlebar GT Hi-Ten, 194mm Rise, 670mm Width, 11 Degree Sweep, 3 Degree Tip, 19mm Cross Bar OD
Stem GT Top Load Design With Cold Forged Clamp, 50mm Ext
Grips GT Wings Logo 130mm Single Compound
Bar Ends Generic
Headset 1-1/8" Threadless, Steel
Cranks GT Tubular Cr-Mo 3Pc., 170mm Arms, Cold Forged Cr-Mo 19mm x 8T Spline Spindle, 25T Steel Chain Wheel GT Design
Sprocket 28T Steel
Bottom Bracket MID Sealed Bearing
Pedals GT Low Profile Mid Size Platform Design, PP Material, Boran Axle
Chain KMC Z410
Driver/Freewheel KT Cro-Mo, 10T
Front Rim Alex G303, Pinned Aluminum, 32F/36R Hole
Rear Rim Alex G303, Pinned Aluminum, 32F/36R Hole
Front Hub GT Alloy Body, 3/8" Heat Treated Axle, 32 Hole
Rear Hub GT Alloy Body, Loose Ball + 1 Sealed 14mm Cr-Mo Axle, 36 Hole, One Piece 9T Driver Cassette
Front Tire GT Air Bags, 20"x2.1" F/R
Rear Tire GT Air Bags, 20"x2.1" F/R
Spokes 14g
Seat GT Street Design Unifed Padded Saddle w/ Post
Seatpost Integrated With Saddle, 135mm
Seatpost Clamp Alloy Single bolt
Brakes Tektro FX340R
Brake Levers Tektro XL320 Alloy
Detangler SST ORYG
Cable Generic
Pegs One Pair GT 35mm OD x 98mm Cold Forged Steel Pegs
Colors Blue , Gray
Weight

N/A
Miscellaneous
Price $330.00
More Info GT website

|

7/15/2014 5:05 PM

ugh its hi tensile steel i get it now...... sad Need to buy a chomoly bike soon...

|

7/15/2014 5:06 PM

If you guys likeanything about this bike, please let me know. If you think its shitty, please let me know. Be brutally honest. I need to know what type of bike I should get next. The only thing I know is the specs and geo feel almost perfect for me. lolany help is appriciated

|

7/15/2014 5:10 PM

Just upgrade shit when it breaks, and weird how that website says its alloy....

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

7/15/2014 7:01 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

This

|

7/15/2014 7:09 PM

I have a hydroformed downtube gusset on my frame and it looks really dope. Plus I'll never snap my HT off so that's a plus !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/15/2014 7:58 PM

i only have chromo tt and dt with a semi sealed back and single walled laced to it i need a frame to buddy haha and back rim

|

7/15/2014 9:40 PM

huntsforbunz wrote:

i only have chromo tt and dt with a semi sealed back and single walled laced to it i need a frame to buddy haha and back rim

one day homie we will have it all! lol All the parts we could dream of

|

7/16/2014 12:01 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

"al·loy
noun
noun: alloy; plural noun: alloys
ˈaˌloi/

a metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially to give greater strength or resistance to corrosion."

people hear alloy and assume aluminum because most aluminums are in fact "alloys" but it's a general term for any mix of metals so it's an accurate description.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/16/2014 1:36 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

ironmaiden666 wrote:

"al·loy
noun
noun: alloy; plural noun: alloys
ˈaˌloi/

a metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially ...more

I know what it is, just lots of people including me and sometimes companies refere to aluminium as alloy, no need to try be a smartass

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

7/16/2014 1:40 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

I know what it is, just lots of people including me and sometimes companies refere to aluminium as alloy, no need to try be a ...more

if i was being a smartass you'd know it. i was clarifying because a lot of people don't know

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.

7/16/2014 4:09 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

if i was being a smartass you'd know it. i was clarifying because a lot of people don't know

Kinda came across as being a smart ass. Could of put something like 'alloy doesnt actually mean aluminium, its a mix of two or more elements' instead of the typical smart ass dictionary definition paragraph long thing. Js

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

7/17/2014 7:14 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Stop providing useful information you fuckface. That's not allowed around here.

|

7/18/2014 6:38 AM

As others stated, upgrade when parts break.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/18/2014 9:41 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

sorry, i'll try again...

/threadjack
today i was smoking weed at the skatepark and then i saw a dog poop. which grip is softer? the animal GLH or GSport GLAND?
I HATE MY PARENTS
should i get huge bars, a freecoaster and super wide tires? i've already made up my mind that i'm going to so i'll end up ignoring people that tell me not to.

how's that?

|

My Ride
My Other Ride

7/18/2014 10:32 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

sorry, i'll try again...

/threadjack
today i was smoking weed at the skatepark and then i saw a dog poop. which grip is ...more

Photo

Swaggeriffic sweggity sweg!
Yolo, no homo!!!
#swaglyfe4eva
|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

7/19/2014 9:11 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

ironmaiden666 wrote:

sorry, i'll try again...

/threadjack
today i was smoking weed at the skatepark and then i saw a dog poop. which grip is ...more

Yo dawg how you been?

Totally hit me up later. You still talk to Joe?

|

7/19/2014 9:13 AM

Wait. WTF is a forged steel frame?

That review is about fucking stupid.

|

7/19/2014 12:56 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

ironmaiden666 wrote:

sorry, i'll try again...

/threadjack

#truth lol

|

refs: skubasteve, asilva23, Joe_Medina, joey.alleruzzo

7/19/2014 1:03 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

sorry, i'll try again...

/threadjack

The oilslick extra squeaky swag tires are better for opposite tuck no handers.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)